Engine conversion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheepy1991

Hi
ive got a 1.7 puma (v reg and digi dash) and i am looking to put a 1.4 puma (r reg and analogue dash) engine into it, ive heard there may be problems with the wiring loom etc if i just do a straight forward engine swap, im just looking for info on wether i need to swap just the engine or change the ecu, wiring loom and dash as well, if i do need to adjust the wiring loom would it all need to be changed or would only certain circuits need changing? i phoned up my local food dealer and theyve said its impossible but when i spoke to puma speed theyve said it isnt impossible but i may have to do some work to the wiring loom etc. if anyone knows a garage in the colchester area that may be able to help me it would be greatly appreciated but my budget isnt huge.
Thanks

because the 1.7 engine is playing up and it looks like the head gasket is shot but im not to sure, if it is just the head gasket then ill probs end up fixing the 1.7 n selling it on but just seeing what my options are at the moment really

ok well if i do that ill need to replace the headgasket, what do you reckon a garage will charge for this, i could do it myself but havent got alot of time spare at the moment :s

Send a PM to frp165, he is in Norfolk and may give you a good price or least a number to base others off of.

best of both (but most effort) would be to replace the 1.7block with a 1.4 (and change injectors; im assuming there smaller)

that way you would have a cheaper car to run, would keep the vct and also not have to bother with the ecu....

swapping the same engines wont require any differences to ecu but as the 1.4 isnt vct i would have thought u will need the 1.4 ecu and to make live easy the whole wiring loom! however u prob wont need to swap it you just need something to show you any changes you will need to make to the 1.7 loom.

Latest posts

Back