how to remove a fender

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

Hi.

Today I found a massive puddle of water on the floor and after a little snooping around I found out I have a small crack on the washer bottle. It drips incessantly. My problem is to fix the bleeding thing. I suppose I'll have to remove the fender, so i can access it, right? But how do I take the fender out to begin with?

Hi Chilli,

Try this for removing the wing(fender) http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15859

But if you just need to remove the washer bottle not sure removing the wing is required, there is a screw attaching it to bulkhead area, and once undone it just lifts off the locating clip IIRC....someone else will be able to inform you better though...
Best of luck!

chilipalmer said:
[post]348401[/post] Oh man I really wish I don't have to take the wing out.
Thanks for the comment dude.
Don't take that as gospel...I might be getting confused with the coolant one...it's late and am v tired :grin:

EDIT...yup, thought so, time for bed :grin: This thread might also shed some light... http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=20576 and Barry is online so hopefully will be able to shed more light, he's very helpful guy :eek:k:

Cheers Greg
I think you can take off the washer bottle without removing the wing. First take out the screws securing the carpet in the inner wheel arch. Then remove the polystyrene trim in front of the washer bottle. Then remove the neck of the filler bottle from inside the bonnet. Then open the drivers side door and you will see 2 nuts on the return flange from the wing to the door post. Remove those and then go back into the wheel arch and you should see one 10mm bolt towards the top of the washer bottle. Remove this and the washer bottle should be free apart from the pipework. Take photos and make sure you connect the pipework in the right way. The only thing I can't remember is how to disconnect the neck of the filler cap, I hope someone else can help.
Barry

I'm pretty sure the neck of the filler just pulls out, it's on two locating nodules that just push past a narrower piece of plastic into a hole the right size, if that makes sense. It should pull out if you hold the washer bottle and pull the neck.

Barry, I didn't know there was supposed to be polystyrene there? Mine must be missing :roll:

Hi Ben
Yeah there's a guard that stops crud being thrown at the A pillar made out of polystyrene on both sides.
Barry

I only have a pic of my LH insert, but I believe the RH is behind the wash bottle (nearer the door hinges, before the side repeater wiring comes through the panel), so doesn't have to be touched:

moondustka said:
[post]348416[/post] I'm pretty sure the neck of the filler just pulls out,
You need to spin it through 90 degrees if you want to avoid damaging it.
Paul

No, it is just a pull type. At least on mine is.

Have a look here. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-New-Genuine-Ford-washer-bottle-connector-/391335759332?hash=item5b1d6dcde4:m:mnjOdbALnTqeU0xMmnPU4lw

No spining, just pulling out. Mine cracked at the area where neck connects to the bottle. Used some sealant to glue it back together and no problems with it after. And no guard on mine either

Yup, my mistake :oops: I was thinking about something else. I do remember it being a pig to remove though, I probably finished up twisting it and it came out easier.
Paul

748 said:
[post]348477[/post] Yup, my mistake :oops: I was thinking about something else. I do remember it being a pig to remove though, I probably finished up twisting it and it came out easier.
Paul
Did you have to remove the wheel?

Turn the steering so that the wheels point as far to the left as possible:
http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php?title=Feeble_Washer_Jets

Finished the job. There's no need to take the whell off or the inner guard (just two bolts). The rest is as Barry described. Not a difficult job. I had 3 small cracks on the bottle...used some silicone glue but I'm not sure it will hold. MIght have to get a new one. Thanks everyone for the tips!

Latest posts

Back