Strange noise on ice and snow

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ovi_barosanu

Hey guys, I have a puma 1.7 and a small or big problem with her.I was away to visit someone and on the street was ice and snow. When starting whith the car on ice and snow i hear a strange nois in front of the car .Can help someone with an opinion? It's something normal or ... Strange it seems to me that the departure from the place on a street with no ice or snow (even sudden departure) does not hear anything. What is?
thx

What sort of noise is it? Is it a 'crunch' a 'squeak' a 'knock' ?

If there is snow or ice on the road, there shouldn't be any reason for your car to make any different noise to if the road was clear and dry.

i dont know how to tell you .The nois is only when the care skid. I hear a noise like something is bloking my wheel

That's the ABS working I'd suggest.

It should also be felt through the brake pedal.

Perfectly normal.

thats yr ABS kicking in.... mine was exactly the same on the snow and ice.....

the nois is the same like ABS but i'm not pushing the brake i"m trying to start whith the car on a street whith ice and snow

I seem to remember that the Puma has a rudimentary traction control that uses the braking system to operate. My guess is now that this is the source of the noise.

Nothing to worry about if it is.

if you can feel it through the brake pedal as well then its the abs kicking in. should also go in a pattern if it is until traction is found again. ;)

Latest posts

Back