Changing a coil pack

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very easy if you have the right tools.
I think it's an 8mm hex socket for the 4 mounting bolts. You'll need an extension bar, there's a couple of tricky ones.
Apart from that it's just unplugging the HT leads (remember where they go) and the coil pack connector.
Paul

It should be straight forward as above, 4 bolts unclip the connections and replace making sure everything is in the same place, good luck.

Hi Yvonne
As Paul says it's fairly easy apart from accessing a couple of screws which are really easy to drop into the engine bay if you're not careful. Magnetise the tool before you start if you can and then the screw will come out with the tool or pull the coilpack out with the loose screws still in the holes and carefully lower the new one in with the screws in the holes.
Barry

And since the screws are somehow difficuilt to get to (the ones in the back) be careful not to round them as they are brittle given their age. I suggest hitting a socket into it few times with smallish hammer and then undoing it. If you damage them you are in for the problems of undoing them....

Be sure to get the right one Yvonne. You'll need the one with the shorter mounting thickness i guess as your Puma is a later one..

See here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23369&p=298918#p298918

Latest posts

Back