Blank buttons

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Do those blank button covers, next to the fog light/rear screen heater buttons, prise out from the front or do you have to take the radio out and release them from 'inside'?

They might prise out with some tape to protect the trim panel and an instrument screwdriver, but I think the best way to get them out is by removing the dash trim panel and pushing from behind. And won't you need to remove radio or trim panel to do what you want to do ?
I had it all off for fitting a temperature reading clock and to put in another switch for remote boot release but that was a few years ago. I have a spare dash trim panel and a blank or two somewhere in the garage, I'll have to have a look.

Pkp said:
[post]357488[/post] I have a spare dash trim panel and a blank or two somewhere in the garage, I'll have to have a look.
Thanks. I've had the radio out a few times and also replaced the clock, but never needed to access that area. How does the trim panel come out?

Easily pushed out, I'd be moving the radio in preference to strugging any other way.

Silver panel is two screws above the clocks and one left of the vents and a good pull but you won't need that out just to access the switch blanks.

I concur with Ian G.

Finally got up in the roof of the garage to get the bits down, and the blanks easily push out from the back, and I don't think prising out is easy to achieve without marking your dash panel.

The four button holes are keyed, so that a button will only fit in one place, but that is easily sorted. I did that when fitting my remote boot release.

Latest posts

Back