Fuel filter woes

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinc2000

Help guys...how do the wee white clips hold the fuel filter on the pipes? do you need to squeeze them to remove or do you simply pull the filter off?

zinc2000 said:
[post]357780[/post] Help guys...how do the wee white clips hold the fuel filter on the pipes? do you need to squeeze them to remove or do you simply pull the filter off?
Squeeze and pull is the theory. Try Plusgas first?

Might be an idea to have a couple of suitably sized Jubilee clips around, in case you have to wreck it out as a last resort. Most people replace the rubbish strap with a 4 inch (100mm) Jubilee clip.

Replaced my fuel filter today it was an advisory on the mot the old filter was as rusty as hell glad to see it gone!

Similarly with mine, rusty, garage said it needed replacing, but not surprising as it is 5 years/60.000 mile item !!

Hi Zinc
No need to worry, press in on the tabs and the fuel pipes come off really easily, if they don't move instantly free them off with wd40/plusgas etc. As Frank says you may need to replace the holding clip but if you have an old school set of pincers and good eyesight it is re-useable.
Barry

Fuel filter on, old one was leaking hence MOT fail......going to pick up a jubilee clip to hold it in place though, oh and one of the easy release things didn't!!!! white bit came away in my hands but funnily enough its departure seems to have not made any difference to refitting pipe as it is tight and leak proof anyway.
Rear beam bushes next.

Latest posts

Back