barrel lock kinda stucky

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

Hello,

so for couple of days my puma has developed a new interesting symptom... when i put the keys in to lock and unlock it kinda stucks... if i rotate to right (lhd car), it stucks... and doesn't want to come back :) and is a bit grippy...

any ideas? :D

Spray some WD40 into the locks with the thin plastic tube that comes with the tin then keep turning the key in the lock till it loosens off.
Barry

tried it couple of weeks before... now still doing this sheet... also the dome lights doesn't always come up... ehhh kinda "it's a puma thing" :))

Open the door and look at the inside front. If you follow the door seal down from window level you will see them sort of half covered by the seal. From memory 1 self tapper holds them in but there may not be enough slack wire to pull them out but give it a try.
Barry

oh that :) that i know... was thinking the double lock microswitch from the handle :)

How about your key blade?
Mine didn't wanted to open the drivers door. Lots of WD40 inside, wouldn't help either.
Today I've cut a new keyblade from Ford. The blade itself, 8 eur. The cut in a keys factory, 15 eur.
Plugged it on my remove unit, and now works flawlessly in the doors.

yeah i did a wd40 bath :) works smooth, yet the double lock doesn't work all the time... still thinking about breaking down the whole unit...

You need a cylinder repair kit fitting. .

The door adjar switch / alarm sensor is attached to the side of the latch assembly. .

The door has to be dismantled, it's a right faff of s job..

Both need doing at same time along with new door clips etc

:cool:

Don`t forget WD40 is a great penetrating fluid and fab for freeing up sticky mechanisms.
It then evaporates!
Leaving whats just been cleaned devoid of lubricant.

Once a mechanism has been feed off, i should be lubricated with a suitable lubricant.

i put in some spray grease in the barrel and spray some in the door lock, worked a treat

Latest posts

Back