Wont start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUDIBRAS

Hello

My Puma have not been started for two weeks now, it just tik tik tik tik
Tryed charge the battery but couldnt get to full power, changed it to a new just full charged. The car cranks and I smell gas, so there is obviusly missing spark. Maybe because we have some rainy days lately. I have a heatgun to dryout the distrit. Is that a good ide, or replace it?

How can I make remote starter?

Max

Take the while pipe off the fuel rail and run to a container to confirm that gas is being supplied.

Gas will come from the pipe so make sure you catch it.

Coil pack is where you need to look for dampness, right side of the head with the plug leads connected. Check the connector is sound also.

check the battery minus

P1150183.jpg

I got friend to look for spark, it was there steady. I still don't know howto make a remote starter, would have come in handy.

The problem was that the hydralic valve lifter got stuck some how, and there was only one way to check that out without exploding the engine. Get someone to pull the at about 40km/h in second gear ignition on. It went about 50m I could speedup the engine but i sounded strange. Giveit another go for 200m and then it spins like never before.

Hope this come in handy for someone in here one day.

Happy Puma again

Max

Latest posts

Back