Weird clutch issue...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

I have a most odd issue that I thought was the clutch on its way out, slipping in high gear low speed and flooring it so revs rise but speed does not that has happened last 2 days but as its been really wet and greasy I tired it again on the way home to then suddenly not have that issue.

Now while I know this could still be a failing clutch I have had on and off a weird ABS/Traction problem forever - Last MOT i had a sensor replaced and it worked for a while but then came back where the ABS will randomly pulse and on braking activate until it throws up the orange ABS light on the dash.

While not conclusive I think the ABS was in its working state but being silly when I was also getting the odd clutch slipping like stuff but tonight when it was all ok the ABS warming light was on :?

While I know the TC only works in first it did feel like that traction control hold back you get in first when its been 'slipping' in higher gears - could it be causing this odd problem that ordinarily would be a sign of failing clutch??

Shimmyhill said:
[post]362424[/post] Last MOT i had a sensor replaced and it worked for a while but then came back where the ABS will randomly pulse and on braking activate until it throws up the orange ABS light on the dash.

You may be having another dead sensor. Have it scanned by forscan in real time to read the speed of each wheel and you will know what is the trouble. I would go from there; first fix what is known to be problem and then see if you have any more problems to sort out.

Wild E. Coyote said:
[post]362434[/post]
Shimmyhill said:
[post]362424[/post] Last MOT i had a sensor replaced and it worked for a while but then came back where the ABS will randomly pulse and on braking activate until it throws up the orange ABS light on the dash.

You may be having another dead sensor. Have it scanned by forscan in real time to read the speed of each wheel and you will know what is the trouble. I would go from there; first fix what is known to be problem and then see if you have any more problems to sort out.

Thanks, I think I was clutching (lol) at straws as it is defi shot - if I rest my foot on the clutch it does it more so the bite point must be right at the top of the pedal now - it feels so strong selecting and changing gears I was looking for something else in hope I guess - however if I move out to over take on a dual carriage way in 4th or 5th and boot it I get loads of slip :(

I fear this could be it, MOT is due and with the rusty arches and a few other niggles I am not sure I want to start throwing money at it - I planned to get an Arbath 500 next July hence me wanting my faithful Pompom to survive the year!

Latest posts

Back