Possible death of a puma ;'(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stellios_Kontos

Ok guys I bought a puma stupidly cheap with a seriously bad misfire (cylinders 2 & 3 not firing at all).
I have now put on two new coil packs, HT leads and spark plugs and I'm running out of things I can replace.
I now think just about the only two things it could be is either the wiring between the ECU and coil pack, or the ECU itself.
Diagnostics are only saying faulty coil pack but since I've had three different coil packs in the car with the same fault code it seems unlikely.
At this point I am looking for an ECU since it seems the only way forward that doesn't involve the lovely wee beast visiting a scrapyard.
If anyone has an ECU for a 1.6 puma or knows a the part number for one it would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't get the compression test done, try pouring some oil (some oil, not a pint!) into the cylinders through the spark openings, then crank the engine for a few turns to get the oil in the rings and then try it again. If the compression is bad and the rings are bone dry (because of long time standing still) this will bring some of comrpession back. Have saved an Hyundai accent with 300,000 kms that way and the guy did another 200,000 after that.... :wink:

I'm going to have the ECU tested and repaired if need be, hopefully that is the problem and it will be a case of sending it away, waiting a week or so and getting it back to plug in and hope for the best.

Stellios_Kontos said:
[post]363343[/post] I'm going to have t
Thanking, or at least acknowledging, other people's replies that were written to help you...is the normal behaviour. Not just here, but across the entire Internet.

Latest posts

Back