Track Rod Issue-Help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madonna

As i was turing a corner,my car came to a hault,the track rod end has broke or come of from the joint which is attached to the wheel.As their wasn't many garages open at the time the breakdown took it to their garage and told me they could fix it monday,anyway they have just got back to me saying it would cost £178.00. TRACK ROD END-£20.00
REPLACEMENT OF GAITER ALTHOUGH IT'S NOT DAMAGED
GEOMETORY-£40.00
Parts cost about£70.00,labour was £70-£80 plus vat.Am i being ripped off.I had no choice but to take it their at the time as the car wasn't driveble.I understand about replacing the track rod end as that is the problem why the car won't steer on the one side but i'm not sure about the goemetory whatever that is,can anyone help.
The wheel never collapsed as i was only going slow at the time but obviously when the track rod end broke or dislodged itself from the wheel,i was unable to steer it

Hi, welcome to Projectpuma,

I would imagine that the 'geometory' they are referring to is setting the tracking up as a track rod end has been replaced. It's normal to do that if anything on your steering / suspension has been replaced.

Not too bad a price really seeing as it was obviously a "do it now!" job. Cheaper than Ford would have charged anyway!

bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

track rod end; £9 (iv just done one myself
tracking; 2 wheel (4 wheel not needed);£25 (i get mine done & its £40 but the frp has been refused entry at a cheaper 2 wheel place 'as its too low'!!
labour.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaitor....dunno

Latest posts

Back