Boot struts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcwithac

Hi all
Got the classic failed boot struts and struggling to source replacements. Bought some cheap ones here- http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391774615443

Work great but don't conduct electricity, for the 3rd brake light, when the boot is shut! Got then as someone had said they've used them and were fine. Messaged the seller and they say they're not designed for that purpose.
A link to any that are proven would be much appreciated please.

Marcwithac said:
[post]364297[/post] Hi all
Got the classic failed boot struts and struggling to source replacements. Bought some cheap ones here- http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391774615443

Work great but don't conduct electricity, for the 3rd brake light, when the boot is shut! Got then as someone had said they've used them and were fine. Messaged the seller and they say they're not designed for that purpose.
A link to any that are proven would be much appreciated please.

Yeah, had the same thing happen to me. Some aftermarket ones do conduct, but couldn't tell you which ones I'm afraid. Last time I checked you could get a new one without the connector but the ends will screw odd at fit the new one as you've probably found

Hi
As I widely known you can only buy the ones without the electrical spade connectors from Ford.
For reference part code F1088369 description lift assy - gas 93.45 plus VAT each !!!
I bought 2 in April 2017.
Can't work out how to unscrew the ends on the new Ford unit without using what I believe to be force that could damage the strut.
Once fitted tailgate opens automatically.

You should just refit the original RHS as that is the one used for electricity and swap and replace the left one with a fiesta one as that has much larger springing force. That will be enough to lift the tailgate on its own

Latest posts

Back