Who can fit my recarros

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgekaritzis

Hi, Im very new to this site so would like your help, i have an excellent 2002 puma 1700 with no rust and only 33000 miles covered.
I have a set of Recarros and want them fitted , i beleive the top hat has to be removed from my original seats to make them fit and then the issue with the pre tensioners being connected , i know its not a job worthy of a rocket scientist but am not able to do myself due to being a scaphoid short of a working wrist, i live in central london, who could do this for me ? im sure you guys know of the best person / place
regards George

Try Steve at Performance Puma:

https://www.facebook.com/PerformancePuma/

07871 378867

He's mobile so can come to you.

Hi George
I've done the same mod to my Puma and if yours is a 2002 It won't have top hats so hopefully they came with the recaros. Physically fitting the seats is easy apart from the drivers side which weighs a ton. The main problem is the pre-tensioners as your existing ones won't fit on the recaros without taking off the locating pin and re-welding an extension and another pin on the seat frames. I'm not absolutely sure of this but I don't think the pre-tensioners on the Recaros will work on your car and the plugs are different anyway. If you look at my build thread there's all I had to do to fit my seats on there.
Barry.
PS the carpets are slightly different as well but you'll see when the seats are installed and you'll need the plastic runner covers that came with the Recaros as well.

Thank you both for your replies and advice, something and someone to think about, if i can master the photo placing i will show you my puma , the MOT guy said he had never seen a puma as rust free as mine, which was nice to hear:]
Thanks again G

It does depend what airbag module you've got as mine is a 2001 model year, but the Recaros and pretensioners were plug and play - but you do need the top hats.

Seems to be twin airbag model's 'may' accept the Recaro pretensioners like mine did.

George,

From where have you sourced your Recaros? If they are direct from RECARO, with a flat base and no subframes, then you will need a set of subframes to fit them to your car.

Fitting the pre-tensioner onto the Recaro subframes for Puma/Fiesta required a bracket. In order to design the pre-tensioner brackets, I obtained another pair of pretensioners, which are still in my garage.

I did this for my 2001 Thunder, using a pair of Recaros that I had bought in 1989 and had been in two (or was it three?) Sierras, one Mondeo, and in my opinion, really improved the seating position in the Puma.

Just to add.. I fitted recaros to my 2000 (W reg) and it was also plug and play no adaptions needed except soughting top hats. Pretensioners bolted on although at at the slightest more downward facing angle.
((*adding to tuonokid; could just cut the carpet flaps that will be out of place once seats installed))

Latest posts

Back