FUEL PUMP FUEL LINES REMOVAL - HELP ME PLEASE

URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!

Moderator: Moderators

Dav4008
Model: 1.4

Post by Dav4008 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Hi All

Desperate for an answer to this one, I have stripped everything down, removed the tank, pump etc but I can't disconnect the red and white connectors in the top of the old pump to free the fuel lines, I have been on and off this job all weekend and I'm so frustrated! Aaaargh.
0 x

XAF
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

Post by XAF » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Dav4008 wrote: Hi All

Desperate for an answer to this one, I have stripped everything down, removed the tank, pump etc but I can't disconnect the red and white connectors in the top of the old pump to free the fuel lines, I have been on and off this job all weekend and I'm so frustrated! Aaaargh.
It's a pain in the bum. I broke mine in the process.

You are supposed to squeeze the tangs in, push the connector in the middle down to release and then withdraw but it doesn't always work. The tangs on the outer ring press down on a toothed ring that the pipe itself slips into.

Another way to do it is to release the outer rings and slide up so you can see the red sleeve / toothed ring. Press the red ring downwards then push the pipe connector down and release before letting the toothed ring back up
0 x
2000 Puma Lux
2000 FRP #477

Ian G
Parts Dealer
Parts Dealer
Model: 1.7

Post by Ian G » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:36 am

Soak with penetrating spray.

Squeeze the buttons on the side of the red or white ring.

Ensure the red or white ring doesn't unclip and ride up, should be fully home and pressed down on to the pump.

While pressing the buttons on the red or white ring, lift the pipe. Very little force is required if the buttons are working. If you need force, apply it to the buttons.

Alternatively you can do the job of the buttons by lifting the red or white rings but you must apply to force on to the red sleeve uniformly around it.
0 x
Puma parts from stock in the Puma Bits eBay shop - 07866 423809 or PM me.
Paypal: ian@pumabits.co.uk | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pumabits

zinc2000
Guru!
Guru!
Model: Millennium

Post by zinc2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:11 pm

removed my tank but left stupid clips alone as it is going back in the new tank anyway later, however I think I am going to replace all the stupid clips with jubilee clips as I intend replaceing the fuel lines while I have the tank out, i had already broken one clip on the fuel filter when i replaced it earlier.
0 x
Empty Scottish roads and a Puma, bring it on

gopud
Project Teen!
Project Teen!
Model: Black

Post by gopud » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm

An old thread, but plan B, carefully break the stupid red and white plastic squeeze clips and then stamp on them. Then use snipe nosed pliers and push down on the red ring while carefully pulling up the pipe, all released and can still be used :grin: :grin:
1 x
It's not what you drive......it's the way that you drive it
Black 2000 77k
Black 2000 97k
1.7 16v 2002 Red 52k
1.7 16v 2002 Red 47k
1.7 16v 1998 Red 116k

Return to “HELP ME!”