part name / number

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

TOday I took my car to a mechanic who diagnosed a shagged gear box mounting. He showed it to me and I could see this part was like a block of rubber and had a gash across it. Its purpose is to keep the gear box from moving when you shift a gear. He could make the whole thing move by sticking a crowbar under the passenger side of the car and pushing it forward. Thing is I can't seem to find that part on ebay or any other part shop. If anyone knows what I'm talking about could you give me a more specific name for the part or even a part's number?

I guess you are talkin about the bracket 1006032.

Have a look here and confirm?

https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l=bWFya2V0PT1ldXJvfHxjYXRfaWQ9PTExMjE0fHxjYWJicj09R0NDRXx8dGhrPT0zfHxzdD09NjB8fHN0cz09eyIyMCI6IkV1cm9wZSIsIjMwIjoiUHVtYSBDQ0UgMTk5Ny0yMDAxIiwiNDAiOiIzIFBvd2VydHJhaW4iLCI1MCI6IjMwNzA2IFBvd2VydHJhaW4uR2VhciBDaGFuZ2UgTWFudWFsIiwiNjAiOiIzMDcwNjA1QiBHZWFyIENoYW5nZSAtIE1hbnVhbCBUcmFuc21pc3Npb24ifXx8YWxwaGE9PTN8fGdyb3VwPT0zMDcwNnx8c2VjdD09NzEzMDE3QkpLMVp8fHNldD09Q0lCNTMwNzA2fHxpbWc9PUMwMDIwMTk5MDV8fGYxMj09LTQ2MTEzNzU5MysxMzM%3D

I believe the part looks something like this.

Attachments

• 3524.jpg
    3524.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 3,036
Thanks for the replies chaps. Cherry, I checked the link and it should be that part. Problem is when the mechanic showed it it looked like it was made from rubber alone. No metal. It was about 8 centimeters across. Wish I had access to the car to take a pic...

Hey Chilli

If it was only rubber then I have no idea what the mechanic showed you.

To be honest, a picture is probably going to help a lot here...

Sadly I cannot take a pic now because the car is having some cosmetic work done in another shop... :?

That part in the pic is later type mk6 Fiesta.

Puma one looks like this -

2758b3410da888eacf2ead6a9e66081d

Black as standard, that one has been filled with blue stuff

Latest posts

Back