fuel pump

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco.da.man

Hi guys

after a bit of help if anyone can. I change fuel pump on car and upon starting no fuel seems to be getting to engine ? I have trioed fuel cut off switch up and down.

If anyone has any advice please it be most useful, I have heard it can be really which i have tried from 1.6 and get same thing. I have also heard it can be crank sensor or ecu related.

Upon plugging my diag kit in not a cheap one either i got codes P0232 and P0460 ?

thanks mark

Have you checked that you haven't trapped or damaged any wiring from the fuel pump under or around the tank when you were fitting it back? The OBD-II Trouble Codes suggest the possibility of an electrical issue.

Also, did you fit the correct fuel pump, there are two different types of pump (dependant on year). If you fitted the incorrect one, the Fuel Level Sensor (FLS) is on the opposite side and may bind on baffling inside of the fuel tank. At best it will indicate the fuel level in reverse.

Can you hear the pump priming when you switch on?
If not then fault is with pump/wiring/fuse etc
If you can hear the pump then possibility is air lock in system.
Take off the pipe to the fuel filter (can be a pain) switch on, fuel should come out of pipe, do the same with pipe out of filter to ensure fuel is going through filter.
After this if fuel is moving but still no fuel at engine then i believe there is a fuel bleed screw on the injector rail

Latest posts

Back