Hmmm....no idea on this one!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

At the front of the car - nothing to do with clutch or gears, thank God - my car, at speeds of over generally 70mph, occasionally makes a noise like two bits of rubber slowly and loudly rubbing against each other. I checked under the bonnet today in a nominal fashion - looked like the same old mish-mash of black and silver and general muck to me - but when I bent down, the rubber bit at the front, the bit upon which the reg plate is screwed, seems to be coming away at the side where the noise comes from. And then lower down, the rubber bit on the underside, that comes up (you, er, get me?!) is also loose and sometimes falls down and drags. I'd assume that's what's making the noise 'cause it doesn't seem to be related to anything to do with changing gears, depressing the clutch and the only connection it might have with speed is airflow over it....dunno, though. Anyone got any other ideas?

Ta

Maybe your lower rubber chin thing isn't secured with all of it's rivets and is starting to resonate against the bumper at the indicated speed?

Check that they're all there and check this TSB:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nothing to worry about chuck. You need to come to a meet / show so I can check it over though... Fiesta in the Park in May looks good :eek:k:

Check these 5 rivets in the rubber spoiler (click to enlarge) as well as the mountings in that TSB I linked to above.

7a9ba028.jpg

Latest posts

Back