Smoke!! No brake lights AMP 13 keeps blowing

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funklestiltzkin

Hi every one,

I don't know if anyone here will be able to help but any advise would be great.
There doing loads of road works around here lately, whilst I was driving my puma 1998 1.7 I hit a dip in the road going about 30mph. the cars quite low anyway but it felt hard. Next minute there was a little bit of smoke coming from the top of the steering wheel caseing. The Rev counter, petrol gage and engine temp gage had stopped working aswell. I checked the fuse box and saw that amp13 had blown. We were on the way to the airport the smoke had disapeared so we carried on. It was in the evening I realised I had no brake lights or traction control. I changed the fuse 3 times and it just blew straight away I called the AA they checked all the connections and they couldn't find the problem couldn't fix it and towed me home. Now I'm snowed in without a car, and the mechanic is going to be 2 days. I would appreciate, if anyone has any ideas that I could try to fix it. I'm guessing a wire or something came lose and touched another wire which caused the smoke and the short. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack though.javascript:emoticon(':-(')

Many Thanks in advancejavascript:emoticon(':)')

It does sound a bit like the stalks. Easy enough to replace, it's the indicators and the bit that that attaches too.

Latest posts

Back