key trouble grrr

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukepuma

hey all i bought a remote for the puma offa ebay programmed it and works a treat i have my original remoted key only so i took the blade off and put it on the new fob but the key wont start the car it opens but wont start so have to use the fob to open it and my old remote key to start it lol is there somthing else i need to do? think i read something about having to have a standard non fob key and programme it that way or somthing

Did you send your key off to the ebay supplier? If not, then there is no way they can have programmed the new key to start the car as it won't have the PATS information in it to make the immobiliser happy.

You need to have 2 keys that will start the car to then programme another one. (Unless you're Ford and have the equipment)

I need to get another key cut to just get into the car if I lock the keys in there as I have only ever has the one key :(

lukepuma said:
hey all i bought a remote for the puma offa ebay programmed it and works a treat i have my original remoted key only so i took the blade off and put it on the new fob but the key wont start the car it opens but wont start so have to use the fob to open it and my old remote key to start it lol is there somthing else i need to do? think i read something about having to have a standard non fob key and programme it that way or somthing

Your post is a bit unclear. Do you mean that you bought a remote from eBay without a key, so you have 2 remote fobs but only 1 key blade?
If so and its a 3 button remote, there are two types of key coding, one to open/close the central locking and another to start the engine.
You can code a remote to the central locking if you only have one.
But , if you want to code another key to start the engine (as Dal's post), you must already have two keys which can lock/unlock the car and start the engine.

If you only have 1 key coded to the engine, you do need to have another key coded by Ford or a locksmith that has the equipment.

Once you have two keys coded to the engine, (and you've found out how much it costs!), its worth getting a third key (none remote is cheapest) to code yourself, so if one goes wrong, you still have two working and can code another.

Cheers Rick, I am naff at explaining myself in text form lol but no worries im going to stick with one key to open the car remotely and one to start it cheaper and not too much ahssle

Latest posts

Back