Abs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinc2000

Hi guys been a while due to lots of things but need some help, broke the abs when a sensor wire shorted out
Renewed both front sensors, cleaned ring as it was a bit rusty
Clean both rear sensor rings and sensors, nothing coming up on my scanner but still got abs light on, system does self check on quick fun down my track
It does look as though the servo is not working though, solid pedal, very slow to stop, there is suction from the engine when you pull the pipe
Would a faulty servo through on the abs, traction lights?
Could the shorting wire damaged something else?
All fuses are good, any relays in the system?
Any help, ideas appreciated
Tha is guys stay safe

I had some trouble with mine so have a look at this thread:
https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33250

My guess is that your servo problem is causing the issue but I don't know enough about the ABS system to know how this would throw a fault light. Good news is you have self test so I assume ABS modulator is working.

Servo looks awkward to change but as long as you drain fluid and go steady it should be ok. Presume solid pedal = bust diaphragm?

Only other thing I would suggest is a FORSCAN tool - free software, £15 for hardware off eBay (OBD2 plug to usb).

Cheers for that was beginning to think everybody had left, brake servo is looking most likely given the solid pedal but like you not sure if that would trigger the lights
Not too much hassle to change, car scorned so no rush
Hope somebody comes up with solid answer though

Latest posts

Back