Fuel filter inlet pipe leak,

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi.

I changed my fuel filter, all came apart no problem, I even clipped the filter body back into position with the original clamp.
However when under pressure the inlet pipe wanted to come off. When pushed back on and held into position it sealed perfectly. It would appear that it is not a leak problem but one of the clip being weak and unable to grip. I have held it in position using cable ties, in fact I put on two independent lash ups. it is strong and firm. After 10 mins of running no leaks.

Now I know this is not ideal and I wish to have a permanent solution. Before I cut the clip off the pipe to then find out I am in a more buggered situation I ask: Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you fix it.

Regards,
Richard.

Do you mean the horrible clip holding the fuel filter?

According to our guide people have been replacing that with a jubilee clip

Hi Red.

Thanks for the reply....yes that horrible white clip. I thought a J clip was the only way to go, I thought I would ask before cutting the white clip off in case the plastic fuel line would not crush down enough to effectively seal. Then I would be in an even worse situation.

Richard

I'm talking about the metal one around the filter, I'm not sure about the white one.

Latest posts

Back