Spluttering

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwildish

Hi. I have a few problems with my lovely Puma.
1 - on low revs the car is spluttering slightly, even when warmed up ticks over under .9k, I havent canged anything recently to cause this. The revs seem to fluctuate up and down ...

2. with the recent snow i had a few chances to try out the ABS and TC, the abs is pretty poo as i thought it would be but the TC is no existant..
is this normal? all the lights on dash are working on start up (self test)
but no lights come on when the car is using the ABS or TC, i notice after whell spinning in the snow the other day a smell like brakes or clutch pads....
Is this normal?

Many thanks

JPW

jwildish said:
.... the abs is pretty poo as i thought it would be

Welcome. I am sure somebody will be along to answer the spluttering / idling question shortly. One of the sensors I'd guess.

In the meantime, just out of interest, in what way was the abs 'poo', and why did you expect it to be?

Hi.
Well i kinda expected the ABS to be a bit juddery and not really sharp. ( my wifes car is brand new so i didnt expect it to be like that as my puma is years old) I still skids a bit in harsh conditions.
But i expected the traction control to be be better, i can wheel spin (if i try) in the wet or dry....

The spluttering could be the coil pack or hego sensor perhaps.

Latest posts

Back