Engine oil leak?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshcake69

Hi ive got a small oil leak? were is the most possible place it could be coming from?

many thanks

Can you tell "ish" where it's coming from? Back / front / left / right?

The most common place is either a CV joint or from the top rocker cover gasket - normally at the rear. Or a loose oil filter / drain nut.

The top rocker cover is only held on with 4 poxy little nuts and doesn't compress that well IMO. It then leaks down the back of the engine and onto the floor. Mine was fixed recently with some well positioned gasket sealant along with the gasket..

I too seem to have an oil leak too...Under the engine, and it drips onto my strut brace.
Had an oil change about a month ago so my dad reckons it could be the drain nut also...
However when the cambelt was changed the Rocker Cover Gasket wasn't changed so I think thats my issue? (I'm sure I've heard/read this could be the case?)
Either of these could be also your issue

There's a later type of plug out with an oil seal instead of a washer. More substantial - less chance of rounding off the corners.
Oil Drain Plug - Finis 1013938 - around £4.50

Latest posts

Back