Sticky Windows?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey s

Anyone know how to resolve these or had any experience.

I believe its just friction against the window and the seals that run upright on the doors.

Are there any products from halfords any greases or gells that would lubricate.

Something like this:

n71an.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &doy=27m12

Halfords do from memory sell a product similar to this named along the lines of:

Halfords Silicone Lubricant For Rubber and Plastic

I've heard it does work well too.

In fact if you are going out to buy it it might be best trying to get the silicone spray for Rubber & Plastic.

As i read somewhere once ones specifically for rubber etc work much better.

before using that, from my exprience. sticky windows issues is actually not sticky windows. the window is being push up and pulled down by a motor arm which is located somewhere in the middle of the door. the arm is attached to the window via 2 small screws.

Check that these 2 screws are tight as well as ALIGNED!!!. a non misaligned window will get caught in its runners and spraying tons or grease will not help resolve the issue.

I have replaced my 2 useless screws with a wide head bolt and my window is never going to get caught in its runners for a long time. I will be posting an article on this sometime.

Hope this helps.

Well what's odd about my windows is if I use the switch on the driver side both my windows are VERY slow. Yet if I use the passenger switch the passenger window jets up!

Bad connections? Switch cleaner?

It was when the window approaches the top or near close it slowed down. My guess it was just rubbing on the old dry seal.

I managed to find that silicone lubricant in halfords uses for outdoor seals etc..

This solved the problem and worked wonders thanks again.

I need to drag my mind out of the gutter...

When I saw the thread title on the main forum listing page the thought that first flitted across my synapses was that someone had been dogging. :whoops:

Latest posts

Back