Track / Fast road spec Puma
I’ve started a new RWD track project for the winter so I’m having to sell my beloved Puma.
It’s a 1999 T Reg with only 85,000 miles on the clock and it was bought last October as a daily then I discovered the track!
The Puma was cherished by an elderly female who had owned it from new, it has only had 2 owners from new, herself and I ,although it shows 3 owners on the V5 as she was divorced during her ownership. She loved the car so much that she had it shipped to Poland for a three year spell, which may explain why the rear arches haven’t disintegrated yet!
As you can see from the pictures, there’s nearly 20 years worth of paperwork with the car including servicing, MOT’s and parts receipts.
It has not been used as a daily driver since the start of the year and it has only been on track four times, each time surprising me with it’s ability against much more expensive metal. Additionally, I’ve driven it from London to Glasgow twice and it’s never given me any problems.
The car owes me over £2,500 as not only has it had £1,000 worth of engine work done (Cambelt, Waterpump, CV joint and clutch) by renowned Puma specialist Chris Allison , I have also upgraded it with a number of essential Puma modifications listed below:
• Focus ST170 brake callipers (£100)
• Evora grooved discs and Mintex pads (£75)
• Black Diamond Stainless steel Braided brake hoses and DOT 5.1 Fluid (£65)
• Black Ford Sportka 16” alloy wheels (£150)
• Federal RSR Road legal track tyres (£300)
• OMP Bucket seat plus OMP mount with slideable runners (£250)
• OEM Klarius exhaust (£50)
Allison Automotive work:
Major Engine Service
• Engine/Gearbox/Exhaust Removal – Re-Time & Re-tension Camshafts to exact spec using SPX tooling observing correct procedure – Replace Water Pump – Air Filter – NGK Iridium Plugs – Replace Cam cover Gasket – Replace Cam Sensor gasket – Also replace clutch LUK 3 part Kit – Replace Coolant + expansion tank bottle – Replace Aux idle Pulley and Belt – clean off splattered CV Grease
• Refurbish/Re-bush Lower Front suspension arms – drill out and replace Offside Ball Joint
• Replace CV Joint Offside
• Fit Front hose kit - Braided (customer supplied) – Bleed hydraulic system
• Fit rear muffler Exhaust section (customer supplied)
Major Engine Service Kit
• Cam belt kit – Water Pump – Rocker Gasket - Air Filter – NKG Iridium Plugs – Cam sensor gasket
• Clutch Kit
• Suspension Arm bushings (4) M12 Lock Nuts
Pinch Bolt Kit
• Ball joint cover (x2)
CV joint (2 year Warranty)
• Aux Drive Belt Aux Drive Pulley
• Coolant (Ford 10 year Advanved) Coolant Tank
Oil Fully Synth 5-40 (£6/Ltr)
• Exhaust downpipe to center section repair gasket & Copper nuts
Photo album of the work below:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 2toMUE4QVE
The car comes with a year's MOT.
Not fitted but can be included for the right price:
• OMP Red Lower strut brace
• 20mm Rear Spacers
• Vibe 5.25” Speakers
Please note, I have all the original interior including original Puma floormats.
This is a superb car and it never fails to put a smile on your face. It will be sorely missed.
The car is located in Glasgow.
Please PM me or call me on 07500 906839 with any sensible offers.
All 1.7's for sale in here
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Price drop to £1150 including OMP Red Lower strut brace and 20mm Rear Spacers (£100 worth of extras)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests