Ford Puma 1.7 Silver Thunder 2002 (52 Plate) for Sale, Kent

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugKiller

Great Puma, one of the last ever made!!

I love this car and it is so much fun to drive, the Yamaha head on the engine just changes the engine character. Only selling as need the space on the drive.

Good Points: Starts first time, everything work, heated front screen is amazing, interior is in amazing condition and leather seats are very very good, Smoke Free, Pet hair free, drives like new. Just had it MOT'd!!

Bad Points: There is a crinkle in the front bumper where my wife reversed into it very slowly, not cracked and quite small, I shall try and get a photo. The radio needs securely fitting and I was going to do this when i had it changed but never got round to it. Little bit of rust on the one arch but they have been painted with kurust (what do you expect its 15 years old), plus this is very common due to the lip within the wheel arch.

It would not take much to put this car back into showroom condition, unfortunately I need the space as we have just got another car and I am not driving it much anymore, so this needs to go to someone who can give it the time and love it needs.

I have tried to be as honest as possible. If you have any other questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Priced at £1000. I have priced this to sell and so will not take any silly offers.

Contact me on 07967966237 or message me in the forum.

ford-puma-thunder-S2990374-1.jpg

Good luck with the sale - a well known car around these parts.

:eek:k:

Thanks Yog!

I lost track of that car almost 4 years ago; I reckon there will now have been at least 4 owners but it would be nice to know from SlugKiller.

Hi BenF

I am the 5th Owner, had the car since May 2015, the chap before me only had it about 8 months, he ran a classic car garage and used it as his daily driver. Car is in really good condition, showing a few rust bubbles on rear arch but other than that its great. I just wish I could give her more time :-( .

Yog was spot on with the MOT and I have done about another 50 miles since then.

If you want any other information then let me know :grin:

Thanks Slugkiller. I was the first owner of the car. I sold it in 2009 when it was 7 years old and had done 37k miles, having been taken to puma meets all over the country.

As Puma Babe says, Pat had it and then sold it nearly 4 years ago. I know that until then it had been really well looked after and was in great condition. It sounds as though it has been looked after well since then.

Good luck with the sale.

Hi All,

If anyone would like to come and see her I am in Margate on Saturday and Maidstone on Sunday.

:grin:

I'm tempted as I need another Silver thunder before October to store my low mileage thunder away for winter.

Do you have any paperwork with the car?

MOT history looks good, just need to know about servicing i.e cambelt, what oil has been used etc etc and what would you accept for cash?

Sean

lightning51 said:
[post]364237[/post] MOT history looks good, just need to know about servicing i.e cambelt, what oil has been used etc etc and what would you accept for cash?

Sean

Hi Sean,

Really sorry, I thought I was going to get notified if someone posted. I have full service history, the car is due for a service at the moment. I am happy to get this done. The cambelt was changed in 2014 at 88500 miles.

I will not accept anything less than £1000. I originally had it up for £1200 so I have already dropped the price.

If you have any other question please let me know, my mobile number is 07967966237.

Kind regards,
Barry

SlugKiller said:
[post]364017[/post] Great Puma, one of the last ever made!!

The pedant in me wants to take issue with this, actually build 877 of the Thunders so a further 1123 "later" cars

Although yours is one of only 15 registered on a 52 of which only 7 had valid MOT when I last fetched the data in March.

Curiously they're all silver and all but two start FE, FG, FL or FJ. Not sure what was going on in Nottingham at the time but someone obviously thought they were going to sell them, albeit well in to 2002.

Grand is a sheer steal as well. I never like to see prices going up as that makes it harder for enthusiasts to get hold of one but it needs to be strong enough to discourage breaking - there are enough insurance salvage about that a straight one needs to stay alive.

Excellent business as well for whoever gets it - almost certainly due an increase over the next couple of years.

Good luck with the sale.

:lol:

Well this pedant would back up the assertion that it was one of the last ones to be made because the last 2000 made were all special edition Thunders. 1000 were in Magnum Grey, and 1000 were in Moondust SIlver ie apart from the colour the batch were all identical, with all the toys on as standard - and considerably more than 2000 Pumas were manufactured.

I'm not sure what the link to Nottingham is, but I know that FE and FJ are Leicestershire registrations - I have had both as new registrations and live in Leicestershire. I was the original purchaser of the Thunder SlugKiller is selling, and I know that there was another FJ52 plated silver puma owned by a former member on this site who bought theirs from the same garage as me. That garage bought up a lot of the Thunders when they were made (I preferred the Magnum Grey colour but they had only silver ones). The garage was so confident that they would sell them all themselves that they refused to let any of them go to other dealers, hence the lady whose FJ52 I mentioned above had to travel to Leicestershire from Manchester to buy one.

Whatever the case, I sold this car in 2009 and last saw it in 2013. It was still in fantastic condition at that time and it looks as though subsequent owners had continued to maintain it to top standards.

I'll give you fairly late Puma, perhaps I was thinking 'that's not a late Thunder'.

I make it production 127850 ish which puts it just outside the final 1%. So yes as Pumas go most were done a dusted by the time one came about. I'll read the question next time :grin:

There are also 620 non-Thunders after Thunder production started on on 31st October 2001

Ian G said:
I make it production 127850 ish which puts it just outside the final 1%. So yes as Pumas go most were done a dusted by the time one came about. I'll read the question next time :grin:

Sorry Ian G, I had it down as being built mid December 2001, and quite a few sites say that production stopped 2001 so figured there could not have been many made in the following 2 weeks.

Which site can I use to check the production number?

Also I am getting the radio replaced this Saturday, so will have a new USB/aux Sony stereo.

I am so tempted to just keep the car now, I really do love it.

Kind regard,

Barry

You can stick the reg in ETIS to find out the build date:
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

It was built 20th November 2001.

Latest posts

Back