1999 Melina blue modded Puma for sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimmyhill

I posted this a while back but car went through an MOT so I've continued to use it but an imminent new car and lack of track ambitions mean it's time to go..

MOT until 28/06/2018

Stainless cat back exhaust, custom made at SCA in Norwich - receipt for £432.78 dated 22/12/2011

Poly bushed (FRP, std and power flex mix as advised on here) with new front suspension arms - fitted 19/03/2010

Eibach lowering springs with new ford shocks and top mounts - 19/03/21010

Nice stereo with BT streaming and hands free phone calls (no cd)

Strong engine and gearbox, engine uses a little oil but pulls well and slick gear change.

The not so good...

116k - almost run in

Rust on both arches, some rust on bonnet (poor repair that was there when I bought it and meant to repair) few other spots of rust in usual areas but none structural.

Suspected faulty ABS sensor, usual intermittent issue with ABS fault - had one sensor replaced a year or two back that sorted same problem so suspect another has gone.

Needs cam belt to be changed, whine from a tensioner.

Rear drivers side light has a water feature - works but gets water in it (only an advisory on MOT)

I am being honest with the car, I love it and it will make the basis of a good track car - the body is shabby at best and will cost lots to repair to 'new' condition but it is still my daily driver - I have owned it for over 8 years and put less than 40k on it, I bought it to be my work and back + track day car but even after all the initial work I have never taken it on a track due to changing jobs etc. The car let me down once with a flat battery, turned out to be a faulty wiring loom from the alternator that was replaced with new

I think the clutch is on its way but it doesn't slip when you try to make it slip but on the odd occasion it seems to usually under load at dual carriageway overtake speeds.
Ohh water in the footwell past couple of heavy rain showers!

£100 - want it to go to someone for parts really!

Car is in Norwich, Norfolk

Can you add a location please?

Ta :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back