Puma Thunder 1.7 + Millennium Recaro seats + spare engine & gearbox + extra bits

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanminator

With great regret, I am listing my beloved 83k miles Puma Thunder for sale. Running a start-up business and a daily 80 miles motorway return from the office forces me to switch to something more economical. I have owned many driver’s cars in the past (including two e30s and an S2000) but nothing has come close to the Puma in offering the most smiles per gallon! I just wish it gave me better miles per gallon haha

When I became the owner in 2018, I changed all the filters, oil and sparks plugs. This year it's had an AC re-gas and a recent oil change. With the help of the Ford Puma Owners group have been able to carry out the following modifications:

- Direnza 4-2-1 exhaust manifold mated to Miltek center pipe and backbox

- AP coilovers

- Full Powerflex black edition bush kit

- Front wishbones, drop links, CV boots, track rod ends

- Pre-facelift rear axle with 30mm axles spacers

- Wheel bearings all round

- OMP lower strut brace

- Fiesta ST150 front brake calipers, discs, and pads

- Goodridge braided brake hoses all round

- Aftermarket fuel tank with uprated APS fuel pump (fuel gauge reads the wrong way as it's a pre-facelift pump)

- Millennium Recaro seats

My ambition was to take the Puma to the Nordschleife. Hopefully, the new owner can fulfill my dream. The following parts from the project are not fitted but included in the sale:

- Brand new LUK Focus 1.8l 2-piece clutch kit

- Brand new Sachs Puma slave cylinder

- Brand new Floflex dog bone bushes

- Mondeo 2.0l throttle body mated to the inlet manifold (bored out to match)

- Brand new mild steel inlet manifold flange plate

- Brand new single-DIN fitting kit, includes fascia, harness adapter, aerial adapter and release keys

- Front mudguards

- Arch liners

- Thunder alloy wheels

- Complete engine & gearbox from 90k donor car

At the moment the Puma is sitting on the Propeller alloy wheels from the donor with plenty of thread left. During my ownership the Puma has never let me down, it has been mechanically spot-on with no electrical faults bar the stereo. The timing belt and water pump have been changed at 38k. The bodywork is starting to show its age with scratches and dings all around and small rust bubbles on the arches. This Puma has never been welded and the previous MOT history is a testament to that. A new timing belt & water pump as well as addressing the rust was next on the to-do list however it is now at the new owner's discretion. All considered this Puma is priced to sell, feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Pitcures - https://photos.app.goo.gl/yCcvVHV7zUXdJ8TN9

Located in Harrow or at my workplace in Oxford.

£1800

Thank you for reading

Latest posts

Back