Hello other Puma lovers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladygerdriver

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie (selling my Puma... sadly). I really want another, what a brilliant car. I think I'd like to go for black again, or silver. Having had it for 14 years and it being solely my car, I really don't want to part with it.

I live in Liverpool and whenever I'm out in mine, people beep me, lean out of their own car windows and fondly tell me about the one they had "years ago". Only short conversations, you understand, as this is usually when I'm stopped at the lights. :grin:

Welcome to the site :cool:

It begs the question of why? Why are you parting with it if you've had it so long and would like another.

Thanks Red,

I cant afford to get the work done on it. I love this car, and to me it has everything I want/need in a car... its not too big, its not too small, it looks smart, doesn't look 'run-of-the-mill' or boring, like most cars on the roads (or for sale). Mine has been totally reliable, its had the usual, y'know like needing a new tyre, and a battery at some stage in its life with me, but that's about it. I haven't seen anything comparable and that's why I would keep it if I could and why I would like another.

I'm just trying to find out how to upload pictures to add to my ad. :grin:

You can 'Add Files' from within the post, you can add them to a gallery (top right) and then copy the image link in, or you can host them elsewhere i.e. flickr and copy the links in.

Hi Red,
Can you help?

I've got this message when I tried to upload images:

While uploading “P1060766.JPG“ the following error occurred:
» PHP_SIZE_OVERRUN
You must enter your path and filename

Don't know what I'm doing wrong (is the pic too big perhaps?)

Could you try again please?

That's not a very friendly message if it was explaining the size is too big. I've just increased the max size, so see how it goes.

Hi Red,

I tried again and got this..

While uploading “T reg black.JPG“ the following error occurred:
» Your uploaded file is too large
You must enter your path and filename

Any help, gratefully received.

Thanks,
(I've had no interest, so I've just put another message up that I'm going to have to scrap my lovely little puma). :cry:

Well that's a bit more friendly, I've set the max size to 7Mb per file now if you want to try again?

Hopefully it doesn't come to scrapping it! Unfortunately though it is the way they are going if people can't find a use for them or the owners have fallen out of love with them. I've owned 3 and not 1 of them is on the road.

Hi Red,
Thanks for your reply. I dont actually know what I'm doing wrong. All my pics are there, I just tried again but to no avail. Is it me? What am I doing wrong? I took the pics on my digital camera, not my phone. I could take them again on my phone, do you think that would make any difference ie. make the file size smaller?

Other than that, I guess I could put the car on ebay (as that's a bit easier to upload pics). My initial idea was to put it on a Puma site for other Puma lovers first, y'know someone who would appreciate it.

Sad none of yours are on the road. Funny though isnt it, I re-read the owner reviews on AutoTrader and they were such good reviews, there was hardly a bad word said against the lovely little Puma. (TBH, fell in love with it all over again.) Wish Ford would do something similar. Anyhow, I'm waffling on now.

Thanks,

I expect that if you took them on your phone it'd work because I doubt they'd be as big as the files from your camera. Do you know how big each file is? If you right click one of them and go to properties it should tell you. I've set the board limit at 7Mb where initially it was 1Mb.

Images on web pages should ideally be less than 1Mb each but this isn't how they ever come out of a camera or phone so they need to be resized in one way or another.

I would say you can try and email them to me and I'll put them up but I expect they're too big to email, if you want to try though then use red at projectpuma.com

Hi Red,
You must be getting fed up with me now. I've just looked at my for sale ad, 1.7 black T regf Puma, there are black squares with red crosses stating 'image does not exist'. Could you have a look for me, dont know what's going wrong.

Thanks.

They are definitely showing up for me, I'll check on my phone in a bit to see if they do there too.

Ok, thanks Red.

They're still not showing in my message. Do you think everyone else can see them then? Cos that's all that matters. (I dont know why I cant though).

I'll try logging on from my phone too, just to see if its ok on there. I really dont understand this, :roll: I'm having no luck with these pictures (this Puma, definitely doesnt want to leave me... ha, ha :lol: ).

Latest posts

Back