New owner, your knowledge is welcome!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammers

Hi all, bought a Ford Puma at the start of the year as i've always wanted to drive one based on all the good reviews about its drivability and the reviews were not wrong. Managed to get a low milage one from an mechanic at a ford dealer who had just redone the engine due to a cambelt snap. Car does not miss a beat, serviced it before a drive up to scotland from the south west and even went up to John'O'Groats just for the drive. Amazing car and love it to bits. Few niggles that bug me but hoping it will last. If it dies I will jump out to get another (or can be persuaded if another good one comes up, nothing wrong with having 2 seeing mine hasn't got the heated windscreen and its the older version with smaller brake disks, shit clutch (apparently) and infared fob which only works within 1cm of the car window!! :lol:

Whilst a wait for another to come up i'm after your knowledge!

1) Brake upgrades? summat about st150 disks fitting?!?! seen a rally one with Mondeo hubs?!?
2) probably just old rear shocks but car pitches back and forth under harsh acceleration and braking? Do not want it lowered as
as I still want it to fly through B roads.
3) best ideas for more power? simple remap? I know pumaspeed do a FRP flash map? worth it or steer clear?
4) read drum conversion to disks, are they worth it?
5) 15" fan blade alloys are a favourite of mine, does it effect it much going up in wheel size. I think the handling is amazing
already.
6) Anyone managed to do a cruise control?

Ideally if a later model Titanium comes up with good milage i'll be happy to buy one of those.

Is the Racing Puma really worth the massive jump in money? would consider it!! :grin:

Thanks and hope you all have as much fun driving yours as I do mine. Keyworking during lockdown was Heaven!!

Latest posts

Back