Greetings from Practical Classics magazine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forums like this are always superior for useful content, but they have lost popularity because they aren't very mobile-friendly, and most people do most of their computing via phone now.
Facebook groups are good for easy stuff like buying and selling parts but I always tell people to go to the forum when they need accurate information.

Hi everyone! So sorry for the long delay in updating you. Can't believe where this past year has gone!

Thanks for filling everybody in, John. Much appreciated. As you may have gathered, the car is now back on the road and the material I gathered throughout the revival process has begun to (at last!) make it into print.

The current issue of the magazine has three hits of Puma. Firstly, an intro feature to our annual road trip adventure, which the Puma is part of. Secondly, a more in-depth look at what I've been doing with it at the workshop and thirdly, a different Puma appears as our Car of the Month. So, I don't think that's such a bad 'Puma count'. I know we have some very miffed Vauxhall and Fiat fans this month, as we have very little of either in the current issue. Which hopefully illustrates my point. We try to cater for all classic car fans - and that can be a challenge each month! Can't please everyone, as you can imagine! :)

I hope you guys stick around for more Puma content. Sure, it'll be a few pages here and there (we're not a Ford mag, after all) but my aim was to celebrate the Puma in Britain's best selling classic car mag in a fun and informative way, to a readership who may not have previously considered the Puma as the landmark classic it is. It's a car with a unique development story and a surefire classic. The response from readers has been all positive. Phew!

I should add we did a full 'buying guide' to the Puma last year, which also went down well. Hopefully that helps clear things up a bit.

The car itself is putting a massive grin on my face and I've thus far found fellow Puma owners to be friendly and helpful. I really couldn't have rescued the car and put it back on the road without their wisdom and advice. Rest assured, there'll be more Puma content to come and thanks to all here for their assistance in helping to highlight what is clearly not only one of the best Fords built - but one of the greatest coupes ever made. I absolutely adore mine!

Cheers,

James (Deputy Editor)

Latest posts

Back