hi

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S14200sx

Hi I'm new here,

I actually have a motive for registering on your forums, my significantly better half's car recently snapped it's cambelt, so I'm on the hunt for a new engine (1.7) and trying to track one down is actually proving harder than i first thought.

cheers

Mark

Welcome along...

Thats bad luck on the cambelt.... There are a few puma breaking, have a look about1

spike. said:
Welcome along...

Thats bad luck on the cambelt.... There are a few puma breaking, have a look about1

cheers i have had a quick look, just out of interest is are the 1.4 and 1.7 engines interchangeable?

they are certainly more similar then the 1.6 which is completely different, however I don't know how easily they are swapped out.

spike. said:
they are certainly more similar then the 1.6 which is completely different, however I don't know how easily they are swapped out.

cheers fella, ill have a look into it

S14200sx said:
spike. said:
Welcome along...

cheers i have had a quick look, just out of interest is are the 1.4 and 1.7 engines interchangeable?

No because the engine management will be different so you'd have to do the whole wiring loom as well as the ecu.

Dal said:
S14200sx said:
spike. said:
Welcome along...

No because the engine management will be different so you'd have to do the whole wiring loom as well as the ecu.

cheers for the heads up

Welcome Mark!

Former Nissan guy meself, had a P10 Primera before the Puma! Hope the forums give you the insight you need to get the car sorted!

harrisg said:
Welcome Mark!

Former Nissan guy meself, had a P10 Primera before the Puma! Hope the forums give you the insight you need to get the car sorted!

ahh the Primera, engine very similar to mine..well in engine number maybe

cheers to everyone for the making me feel welcome :)

I'm sure i will learn a lot about the Puma, whcih i have to say i love driving its handling is superb...much better than my 200 anyway :D

SR20 y0! :lol:

Get some phots up of your cars, we're always a bit nosy! :wink:

harrisg said:
SR20 y0! :lol:

Get some phots up of your cars, we're always a bit nosy! :wink:

since you asked so nicely...picture whoring time :D

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

CRW_4048.jpg

the following two are old pics, the front wheels are now 9.5" as above

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

currently running 0BHP :(

as well as the gf's cam belt letting go a week ago, my turbo popped yesterday morning :S not been our week

it was running just over 300bhp (302bhp and 294lbs of torque @1bar to exact) on a GT28R turbo, fingers crossed as of next week ill have a GT2871R which on low boost that its running should give about 350bhp but on high boost application should yield about 390bhp :D

olly crap ...you have a 200 sx - silvia at home ....my dream car ..... nice ..i enwy you dude :wink: :twisted:

boospuma said:
olly crap ...you have a 200 sx - silvia at home ....my dream car ..... nice ..i enwy you dude :wink: :twisted:

I have mate, owned it nearly 7years

good cars mate, but they are money pits

well finally bough an engine, due to pick it up on monday :)

got a fairly good deal and its pretty low mileage too

I'm sure from next Wednesday/Thursday (planned days for fitting) I'll be asking all sort of questions :D

crystalpuma said:
Good to hear it, and lovely 200sx :eek:k: (didn't realise they were money pits :eek:).

to be honest the real moneis goes on making it faster which I'm sure is an addiction..., on the whole they are fairly good on fuel..cheapish in to insure

Hey, welcome to the forum :D

My other half has an S14 at home too :) yours is lovely looks like its in real good condition. His is on coilovers, uprated turbo, fmic etc. Been to a couple of drift weekends up in norfolk and two of our friends have a pro-drifting liscence and compete in the BDC. Love 200's :eek:k:

His 200:
37960_10150228844850524_623500523_13644993_4229957_n.jpg

Sparx said:
Hey, welcome to the forum :D

My other half has an S14 at home too :) yours is lovely looks like its in real good condition. His is on coilovers, uprated turbo, fmic etc. Been to a couple of drift weekends up in norfolk and two of our friends have a pro-drifting liscence and compete in the BDC. Love 200's :eek:k:

His 200:
37960_10150228844850524_623500523_13644993_4229957_n.jpg

I have a fair few mates who go to norfolk too, i would love to drift mine but to be honest i WOULD end up binning it :)

a 200 looking at its best when its sideways :)

Back