Isle of Man calling - My Pooma`s not well

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachelle

Hello everyone!!!!!! hopefully some one will share their knowledge with me :? I got my little Kat approx 2wks ago, and Im having a few minor things that need sorting, can you all maybe help :(
Firstly, heater worked fine when collected,Yay!! then 3 days after, blows hot air only, I dont think its the heater valve thingy, Im thinking if they have cables at back of control panel-as theirs no resistance :cry: and Im sure their was before,,,so If anyone knows where to get a download of diagram info or can help, please help :)
Secondly my other little problem is-just one minor thing- the Kats 10yrs old, covered 77,000 million miles, Ive got the cam belt kit from fords, but does it run off the waterpump?????as my autodata cd has expired,,,,,also do you think I should still use it whilst Im awaiting for it to be fitted,,as I have read the revised info on the cam belt change,,well nice to meet you all,,,please feel free to help -or- point me in the right direction or just say no!!:pose2:
Apart from that - I have a set of 17" alloys with tyres, anyone know how much I should try and sell them for ????

Welcome Rachelle! Glad you've found us and joined the Puma fold :)

If you suspect it is the heater panel that has gone, then you can normally get these off ebay for £10 - £30 pretty often which is easier than taking one apert ;)

It does sound though as if your Heater Control Valve (known as the HCV) has given up the ghost. They are not expensive (£20-25) and a relatively simple DIY job or a cheap garage job.

It's located here with pipes labelled L and R going into it if you want to have a go yourself:
[albumimg]124[/albumimg]

The cambelt for cam timing doesn't go anywhere near the water pump : that'll be your auxillary belt.

With Aircon
[albumimg]138[/albumimg]

Without Air con
[albumimg]137[/albumimg]

Whether or not you should use it with an overdue cambelt is something only you can decide! It was originally 100,000 miles / 10 years, then revised to 80,000, 5 years so it's up to you. Should be ok, but get it done asap.

As for your wheels, hard to say unless you get a picture up. Are the alloys damage free? Plenty of thread left on the tyres? etc.

Welcome to the site Rachelle,

Dal has said most of what I would have except regarding the hot air.. is your interior light still working? If not it could well be the fuse.

Hope we can help you sort those niggles so that you can concentrate on enjoying your Puma even more :eek:k:

I dont think you can beat the prop alloys myself. One of the things i like the most about the car.

Back