Hi guys a few questions if you don't mind

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DamianStanley

Hi guys and girls.
I'm new to this site, I used to own a mk5 fiesta zetc-S, which was stunning to look at and a great all round car.
I sold it due to work issues, but later on in the yeari'm thinking about getting another. Until someone told me that the 1.7 puma is like a quicker grown up fiesta. Also it won car of the year in 1997.

So are they really THAT good. Anyone who has drove a mk5 ZS how do they compare?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Damian,

Bottom line is that they are faster than a 1.6 fiesta due to it's fab 1.7 free reving engine - they handle better with it's tweaked fiesta suspension (it's no coincidence that puma drivers rave about cornering) and personally speaking, I think they look better as they haven't dated so much.

Best thing you can do is go and have some test drives and see for yourself.

Where are you from? Maybe someone local on here can give you a blast..

Step 1 - watch some of the Puma movies on you tube
Step 2 - arrange a personal loan
Step 3 - arrange a test drive of a Puma
Step 4 - buy it
Step 5 - have fun

:p :p :p :-D :D :D :D

alot of my freinds have mk5 zs and they are great cars! ive driven a standard one and enjoyed it until i bought an frp. now the zs doesnt feel that special (standard) but put some tuning goodies, like an frp engine in one and you have a very special zs indeed which out performs my frp anyday :'(

but for standard fun and thrills i would rate the puma over a standard zs :D

I'm from the midlands, near walsall. There does tend to be a few with high miles anything to watch for?

A good solid service history is worth it's weight in gold. And Cambelt changes every 5 years / 80K miles. Check for rust around the rear arches too. Other than that, it's just like any other car for checks.

This is a good little guide for general points:
http://www.whatcar.com/images/subscript" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ngUsed.pdf

If i was buying one now id go for a 2001+ thunder, and stick prop wheels on it. 2001 onwards had the best kit, and the additional brake light in the boot.

Good choice :)

Although I prefer the boot without the 3rd brake light but each to their own :)

Latest posts

Back