Fresh Puma owner :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

My name is Dean, im 28 years old from Ohrid, Macedonia. A week ago i bought my Ford Puma 1.7, and what can I say it was love at first sight :). The car is from 1999 and with 100 000 miles but is in very good shape, no rust at all, the engine performs great, no strange noises, great handling, the interior is perfect, every button and light bulb works, there are a few scratches but as soon as I get my license plates all scratches will be fixed. I used to drive Renault Clio 1.2 with 43 kw and from 43 going on 92 its a big change for me, im smiling every time I step on the throtle :). For now i will keep the car stock, all changes will be purely cosmetic such as seat covers fixing scratches, but as soon as my budget alows me i have big plans for my car, and I hope I will geting good advices here, and I would like to apologise for any spelling and grammar mistakes i havent used my english for a while. And now some pictures of my baby :)

8620a40d6dcb429bad3dc17d02e28679.jpg

74f2621edfe143f59a61640dc4bd3b6a.jpg

28156fe4ca7c4782a915fb60646518ab.jpg

0abb8e0a433e4c708761732ddaf3c59f.jpg

Photo0159.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

Finaly i had some time today to do a quick check up to my car, and there was an unpleasant surprise waiting for me. After I removed the plastic engine cover to check the condition of the spark plugs I noticed oil leaks around the spark plugs, first i thought its probably leak during the oil refiling, but then i noticed shortage of oil in the engine and some leaks around the valve cap gasket, so probably the valve cap gasket and the o-rings are worn out and need replacement. Im no expert but i think that is the most probable cause, what do you think ?

The oil in the spark plugs area could be as simple as the rocker gasket?

Mine was leaking into that area because of this.

Burn8 said:
i was baning on about gettin a black on when i had my silver one and now i want my silver one back now i got a black one :idea:

I was looking for Puma with black color but the only one i could find was with 1.4 engine and i wanted with 1.7, but im pleased with the color, its a small car and i think black color would make it look even smaller

thfc said:
Welcome mate :thumbs: Also had a 1.2 clio lol

I still have it but now my father drives it, nice little car :)

WJB said:
Welcome, the Puma looks great, apart from the steering wheel issue! :lol:

about the steering wheel :) those pictures were taken from the previus owner and i took them from the website were the car was advertised, im still waiting my licence plates and to fix some scratches and to polish it then i will publish some before and after pictures with the steering wheel issue solved :D

red said:
The oil in the spark plugs area could be as simple as the rocker gasket?

Mine was leaking into that area because of this.

I think so too, I supose the previous owner didnt change the cam belt for a long time and probably the gasket is worn out. Im a little worried about the oil shortage in the engine, but judging from the color of the oil i think its not changed for a long time, i was looking the exhaust and the fumes and there are no strange fumes, when the car is idling there are no fumes visible at all, so i dont think the car is burning oil. But monday morning im taking the car to full service and will see.

a little update. After almost a month I finally got my number plates, and took the car for a drive. Heres some pics

2ihxmd4.jpg

66lmyg.jpg

Photo0237.jpg

Photo0240.jpg

And now the bad stuff :-(

a nasty scratch on the wheel

Photo0247.jpg

scratches and a bit of rust on the passenger door

Photo0249.jpg

rust above the tail light

Photo0250.jpg

scratches on the bumper just bellow the boot

Photo0251.jpg

scratches on the bonnet

Photo0248.jpg

and the unavoidable rust on the arches

Photo0252.jpg

Also i added Ceratec from liqui moly

10rmf5k.jpg

and injection cleaner

293di8l.jpg

and polished the headlights

Before:

2da0znc.jpg

After

900n4o.jpg

P.S. The number plates are photoshoped :)

How is your engine running with ceratec? Im trying to decide between metabond and ceratec

Latest posts

Back