Soon to be a proud Puma owner :)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPuma

hey atm ive got a peugeot 106 quicksilver and i do love it however im wanting something nicer and faster :). Seeling my quiky nw and im hoping to spend £1300 or more for a nice 1.7 16v puma tht seem like a good enough budget ?

Im from north wales anglesey if thers anyone close to me say hello !

anoyone seelin one close by let me know :)

thanks

Sounds Like a decent budget there matey

I'm from manchester way myself so nearish.

There is a show at Tycros later this year one the modified Live shows- think its the last weekend of August

ty croes oh yer i always go there to watch trackdays, mates gt a 205 gti 1.6 doing stage rally. Ill make sure i get it by then ha load of people are interested in my quiky nw already so should b ok to sell for £1100 so i really cant wait for my puma never been in one tho speed wise they ok yer ?

Yes there not to bad.

They handle fantasticly as standard and depending on what you plan to do, they can be improved, coilovers, poly bush spacers etc

Puma specs can be found here: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but the handling is the best feature, not the straight line speed. :eek:k:

Getting one soon if i sell my quiky and ive told everyone that im getting a puma n most people have said GIRLY car or its a poofs car....dont people understand how good they are ?

JPuma said:
Getting one soon if i sell my quiky and ive told everyone that im getting a puma n most people have said GIRLY car or its a poofs car....dont people understand how good they are ?

Just link them to the Steve McQueen advert and they'll soon shut up :)

Thts thing ive watched, top gear review, and tht advert and ive read all reviews from main magazines and all say BRILLAINT! ive spoken to 3 people that have had em locally and all i get is "ace car" " so fast" and great fun lol

i cant wait now, anyone that says anything bad bout em il just say "get in my car" lol theyll change :D

keep everyone posted when i finally get one

cheers mate, i hope so too ha. yer ive heard really good things about them so fingers crossed.

i cant bloody wait now! ha

does anyone know how its faires against a 106 gti and a 206 gti138 ?? those are the two cars my mates have lol
also would a saxo vtr stay with me if the times comes...(which im sure it will) when i have to pt my foot down because chav boy wants to be infront of me to see better ??lol

Well I did write up a story about my experience against a similar powered car (a C2 1.6 VTS) but my broadband decided to pick an inopportune moment to glitch as I submitted it. I would write it again but I'm about to ring Virgin Media to cancel my broadband as I've had enough.

The outcome of my story was the Puma had no trouble overcoming said C2 VTS especially on the twisties ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

I sold my 2nd (3rd 106) 106 GTI and replaced with a Puma, the pug was a (teeny tiny) bit quicker handling not much in it... that was only when it was working. Fell out of love big time when I added up all the repair costs in 18 months of ownership and it cost what I paid for the car again.

I much prefer my Puma <3

Not really sure about the 180 but I think the handling on later Pugs lets them down?

that souns gd enough for me :) thanks again. im not expecting much fr some reason because ive never been in a puma let alone drive one i just think if its close to the 106 gti id be over the moon because those things fly ha. I st in a puma today in a car sales, done 106k in silver and he wants £1500, I know i can get a better lowr milage deal than that so fingers crossed i find one soon....got to sell my 106 quicksilver 1st ha

Hi there

Had mine 2 weeks and love her to bits !!!!! The guys on here are great for info too, gave me loads of help when I was looking for mine.

Good luck with the hunt :)

ps whats the Steve McQueen ad ???

go on you tube and type in "ford puma advert" then its shuld come up. its an old chase scence in a film i think i aint sure its good :) makes the uma look ace.

yer everyone seems spot on here, hope thers som around my way N.wales.

go for a meet one day

Just had a watch, I remember it now ..... and that I was drooling over the car even then ...... finally got one of my own and still at the giddy stage.

I'm hoping to get to a meet at some point, would be great to see lots of Puma's in one place. :grin:

yer would be a laff ya know, ive never done it before because i dont know anyone :). Im a very busy bloke so i dont have time to get out of my area tbh because im a Fireman. s i go a ot of spare time to play with my car. My 106 normally gets 2 cleans on outside and 3 cleans inside. i keep my cars immaculate. mkes u feel better bout you car :)......SAD haha

I havent met anyone yet either, although I have been alongside Scotty1.7's car the day I bought mine lol Sure it would be great to meet a few people and I do intend to get to a meet this summer.

I've a busy work life too as a travel agency manager so not many weekends off but I intend to make the most of any I have this summer.

Was raining here on Sunday so didnt manage a clean this weekend but have it planned for Thurs, nipped in to the dealer I bought it off tonight and he's very impressed that she's looking better than when I bought her lol

My friends are calling me a Puma Nerd but I dont care ..... its almost an obsession but I just love driving her around and seeing how everyone admires her as I drive by ...... might be my imagination but yeah it makes you feel good :grin:

I sat in one today and just thougt "yes" haha
all im getting off people is, it looks GIRLY but i loved it today.

Trying to find one for £1400. hopefully i sell my car soon wich i need to do fast :(. asking about one now so just want someone to take my car away fr a £1000

Latest posts

Back