Longest Owned Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixgogo

Longest Owned Puma?

Hi everyone, I have been a long time lurker - loving the modified Pumas on here - some great ideas.

I wonder - am I the owner with the longest owned Puma?

I purchased my 1.7 Lux Moondust Silver Puma in November 2000 brand new with 1.7 miles on the clock. I have continously owned her since then, racking up 69,000 miles. I am in the Midlands.

She has been maintained at Ford dealers all her life, often going in for services prior to needing them, particularly oil changes. She is on her third cambelt, new water pump, has had new lower front wishbones fitted (in warranty) and has suffered from the usual issues, rear parcel shelf, door locks going stiff, rear high level brake light ... breaking.

Sides were treated and resprayed when rust started, waxoyled. Last MOT mentioned exhausting needs looking at - and Ford OEM system is 546 pounds, so an aftermarket stainless steel system at 350 is looking likely.

I totally love this car - and now she is worth so little to anyone else, she has increased in value to me. Knowing every mile, every ding, every issue is worth mountains.

I intend to keep her forever.

IMG_1028a.jpg

thanks everyone, I do like this car, it's such a great drive.

Mike - I think my mileage is lower than you as I work abroad, so the Puma does sit around alot, sometimes in a garage, but mainly in all those 11 years she is outside. I do always keep her well maintained though.

Having said that, on a motorway trip yesterday, I saw a puff of stream coming out from the bonnet, and I thought 'Oh heck!'

Pulled over and and there was water gushing out of the heater control valve on the bulkhead!

The pipe had just snapped clean off. A temp repair with a short piece of 15mm copper pipe and two 15-22mm jubliee clips got me going again.

Fitted a new valve from Ford this morning and all is well again.

If your valve hasn't broken yet, I would advise carrying a short (2-3 inch) length of pipe and some clips, it might just save a recovery!

I've owned mine since June 2000, so just ahead of you.

Still runs like a dream and no intention of getting rid, too attached to it now, even though have considered it in the past.

Currently on 115000 miles and in great nick. I'm only adding under 5000 miles per year and have plans to make weekend car in next couple of years.

Clemo,

You have pipped me to the post! Excellent, in all the cars I have owned, I confess often I would often swap them as I got bored rather than having to swap.

But this Puma is never boring, and a short or long trip is a pleasure.

4.5 years :) ..... best car ewer made !

http://www.mojalbum.com/boospuma/puma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine was owned by family until I got it in July, 37k now so low mileage all round good nick no rust on arches yet! my wifes cousin owned it last and previously here Mum had it from new in 2000 but she sadly passed away a few years ago.
I have always loved pumas so jumped at a chance to own it and hope i will be able to keep it for many years to come and the yellow is really growing on me lol!

Very nice post.... i think im about 2 years with mine but it has certainly been an emotional 2 years.

Your Puma is looking brilliant for 70k and 11 years old!!!

Latest posts

Back