Puma badges

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeB1

Hi,

I'm looking to get front and back puma gel badges to replace the ford ones I've got. Anyone know where I can get them from cheap? Tried looking on ebay but can't find anyone selling them.

Try http://www.dmb.uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and e-mail them to confirm that you want the Puma logo, rather than the ford one on the badge when you place the order.

yep! to anyone ordering, do make it really plain that you want tohe Puma logo, as its very easy to order the ford ones for the Puma when you really want the Puma ones... I did!! they look great, and Dave offered to kindly exchange as long as i pay the postage out again... do be carefull, but the badges are amazing quality! I am gonna get the wheel centre ones too now!

Gary

Here's another alternative

http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where is the best place to get the puma badges, the one near the side windows? :roll:

The actual puma badge on the rear windows?

Ford parts desk, or ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-CAR-BADGE-SIDE-WINDOW-/230726536403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes thats the one cherie. but im looking for new ones. Would ford still sell them?

Dealers used to keep stock of car parts for 10 years after production finished, but not sure anymore, I should think a dealer somewhere has some :)

Can't hurt to ask. They still have centre caps for the Millennium editions, and they're now 11/12 years old.

they are like gold dust, but do come up on ebay from time to time

I replaced mine with ford racing gel badges instead

quest63 said:
Here's another alternative

http://www.domedbadge.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, if you wanted to use this company, would you people concur that these sizes are correct?

Front/rear badge: 83.0mm x 31.5mm
Steering wheel: 33.0mm x 12.5mm
Key fob: 18.0mm x 6.8mm <_<

Hiya. your wise to ask this question, I bought mine from DMB and when they arrived they didnt fit, not even close which is why I suggested dome as an alternative. DMB dont ask for dimensions just what car they are for.When they came they were something like 85mm x 33 mm. I tried to trim one but it just looked rubbish.One or two others have also complained about this.Oh and they somehow wanted to make it my fault and to start with werent eager to send replacements.

Anyway I think you need to measure your badges yourself to be sure.When DMB replaced mine I ordered 80mm x 30mm my measurements were a smidge bigger, but better the gel badge is a smidge to small than a smidge to big and not fit.
80mm x 30mm was perfect for mine.

As for the steering wheel badge I have no idea as when I ordered mine I didnt realise you already had to have the later steering wheel already fitted with a blue ford badge, And mine doesnt have it.

Ok folks, its dissapointing when stuff doesnt come together as we hope, i have had good business with DMB but when i ordered the wheel centres, even though i measured the disks i had to get out the black spray paint and spray the original disks before putting the gell wheel centre badges on... the result was excellent! without spraying there would have been a scratched up crome edging. Sometimes we have to do our own little bit of work to get stuff just as we want it to be. I am now a little nervous about the ca badges that I have not put on yet, (need a warmer day) will let you know how that goes.

Gary

Sometimes we have to do our own little bit of work to get stuff just as we want it to be.

There very well may be instances where this is true, but I dont agree that this is an example.Gel badges are a finely finished item that DMB agreed would not look good if trimmed.They did not ask for dimensions only what car they were for.They are an item that are all about presentation and looks and if you buy something it should be fit for purpose.Mine were fully 5mm to long and 3mm to tall.In trimming them not only did the surface gel split but it looked wonky as it has a border plus it wasnt fitting properly and consequently very well may have fell off.

While I agree that if you hadnt sprayed your wheel centres first your gel badges may not have looked good or as good,it isnt a valid comparison.In your case your item fit and did not need trimming.Seeing some piccies of yours would be nice.

I am also of the opinion you can only tell what a person or company are like when things go wrong not just when things go right.

In fairness to them when the correct size arrived I was happy with the quality and warming them with a hot water bottle did the trick

Ian G said:
The window badges? I've got loads, how many do you want?
Hi all, resurrecting this topic as I'm looking for the side windows Puma badges, tried to reach [ref]Ian G[/ref] on FB and email but no answer so far and none found on ebay or anywhere else :-(
Anybody have some spare ones or knows where to find any?
Thanks in advance!

I just bought a 2001 puma today..I'm also looking for 2 window badges

I’ve got a couple brand new ones that I’d consider parting with, drop me a PM if you want to persuade me it’s a good idea!

doc71 said:
I just bought a 2001 puma today..I'm also looking for 2 window badges
XAF said:
I’ve got a couple brand new ones that I’d consider parting with, drop me a PM if you want to persuade me it’s a good idea!
doc71 you can go ahead, I found a couple on facebook

BTW what's the best approach for sticking them to the windows and assure resilience against weather, kids etc?

Latest posts

Back