Another puma newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pisces_444

Hi
I've just bought my first puma and can't wait to get in her at the weekend and have a drive. She needs a valet and as a precaution a new cam belt and water pump as although she has a lot of service history we can't work out whether these have been done. She's a W reg with 71k on the clock so should have been done at least once. Everything else seems in good order and she's only got a little bit of bubbling on drivers back wheel arch.
:grin:

I have not heard it confirmed but I believe the original cambelts have three arrows side by side maybe an inch long pointing down the length of the belt.

However you could still be due a new belt even if its already been changed. Also the Tensioner is probably just as likely to fail as the belt, perhaps more so.

Money and effort wise thats sort of the equivalent of changing the clutch but not changing the clutch slave cylinder.

Fingers crossed it will be ok though.

aberdarepuma said:
Sounds like a good idea always best to be safe, if the belt snapps these engine are a git to time back up,, have fun :)

As well as a new set of valves, possibly pistons, head shimming work, the lot.. Speaking from experience :? Best to change the belt, water pump as said and as quest suggested tensioners and pulleys should be checked too.

Welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Back