and some have Pumas thrust upon them

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumadad

Hi Everybody. I'm new to Puma ownership having inherited this one from our No.1 son. He had owned and run it for 8yrs, the last 4 in Brussels. Because the bodywork is getting a little ratty around the edges he decided to upgrade to a fresher Puma, we couldn't find one! We found better spec, lower mileage examples (ours is 70,000) but they all had identical rear wheel arch issues. They must exist but because of time constraints we couldn't wait for the right one to come along. I found him a nice low mileage Toyota Celica vvti and by way of reward he presented me with the Puma. I have great knowledge of Mercs and trick Honda pocket rockets, at the moment running 2 CLK's, Mazda 626 and a fast road Civic, so I'm here to learn about and enjoy my new project. Looking forward to joining in with the community. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum. I did the opposite to you. My son now has my first Puma and I found myself a very low mileage, rust free 1.7 !

We are all now waiting for you to sell the civic and 626!!, you wont like them anymore lol

Ok I might be exaggerating a little... but only a little

Welcome to a brilliant club!

Gary

Thank you for the warm welcome, God bless the internet for the instant virtual communities it creates. :grin: At the moment our car fleet is under transition, age, mileage and abuse get to us all in the end. The Civic has been gifted to some young friends for track day use, after 14yrs of ownership and 190,000 miles I couldn't sell it. The Mazda is just past 170,000 miles but still pulling like a stream train after I did some work on the cylinder head to rectify a couple of burnt valves. Sadly it also has to go to make room for some new acquisitions. We're on the look out for a newish Merc E class coupe and an older S class saloon which will push the CLK's down the pecking order, the Puma will be my project car. With three adults in the house we need four everyday cars to ensure we're never without transport.

Ummmmm wonder how long it will take for the puma to become your everyday car, they really are a great drive, easy to park and if you have the heated front screen and air con....well what more could you ask....oh yes a large boot, comfy seats and the fact that no-one will ever get in the back twice so you will not be asked for many lifts....fast off the mark to get out of side roads, sticks like glue to corners :( why oh why did I say goodbye

Welcome :thumbs:
lrrhood said:
.....and the fact that no-one will ever get in the back twice so you will not be asked for many lifts...
One of the best things about ownership :)

Back