Just got first Puma for wife, but might steal it..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roscoe

Hi guys,

Joined up today after picking up a V reg 1.7 Puma yesterday for 500 quid with 67k miles.

I got the service history and it appears that it did 40k miles in the first 2 yrs of its life and only 7k in the last 7 yrs !!!

I wasn't looking for a car even, my wife has a 2002 Grand Voyager 3.3 V6 kid bus which manages 17mpg max and I have a 2007 Vectra 150 SRi Nav estate which I love.

A guy at work wanted rid of it since the tax runs out this month so I offered him 500 quid for it. A fair price I reckon after checking Autotrader etc for similar mileage Pumas.

So we went for a look and a test drive yesterday and decided to have it as a 3rd car for when the wife is just running around town or only has one kid with her, the MPG has to be way better than the Chrysler :roll:

So we gave it a jet wash and a clean up yesterday and had a poke around underneath, needs a new back box and probably mid section on the exhaust, and the rear suspension bushes are looking tired, they were an advisory on the last MOT as was the exhaust.

Going to repair a loose bit of trim on one of the rear arches in a minute and maybe take a close look at the paintwork since it is finally SUNNY !!!

Will use a few stainless steel tie wraps to make sure I don't lose the rear box between now and payday.

I was going to get a bog standard exhaust done by KwikFit for about 110 quid inc fitting, but am pleasantly surprised by the amount of other options I have found on the web. I can fit the exhaust myself really so might spend a bit more on parts instead and do the labour myself.

The tyres are the cheapest nastiest ones you can find and ever single one is different :cry: I hate it when people do that..

Even with the crappy tyres I went and sorted the tyre pressures this morning (they were all over the place) and gave it a 'proper' test drive at 8am on a Sunday morning. Roads were mostly dry and no traffic about. I live near a motorway with plenty of twisty lanes around me too, and huge wide 3 lane roundabouts that are empty on a sunday morning.

Well I thrashed the arse out of it and am now adamant that it's the best 500 quid i have ever spent.

After about 280 quid on some decent tyres and sorting the exhaust out I reckon it will be a blinding car. I have owned and modded a few cars before to varying degrees but parts for the Puma seem pretty cheap so I might go a bit mad on this one !

Glad to join the forum guys and am now off to get the axle stands out :D

Hi welcome to ProjP :eek:k: great introduction, make sure you keep us updated with your progress!

Average is about £10 per tyre mate :eek:k:

Those tyres are good, I have them on mine :)

Latest posts

Back