Hi from ladydriver in norfolk.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladydriver

I bought a Puma last week for £200,needs some attention so might need some help.
Is there anyone else on here who is in the NR17 area of Norfolk? :)

Thanks for replying,I'm new to this and i have always 'tinkered' with cars due to my upbringing.

I am new to this and I'm trying to fix up the Puma i bought last week.

Welcome to the site! I recommend a MOT test to see what it needs and you can then sort out your Puma in your own way. We will help you with advice if needed so don't be afraid to ask. :eek:k:

Even if it turns out to not be worth doing up you can learn your way round Pumas by stripping it and selling off the parts :thumbs:

Hewy,It has an exhisting mot,till December,Brakes need attention and handbrake needs tightening.
holes in floor but have someone who can weld.

The guy I bought it off gave up on it really,I saw it by chance and snapped it up,such a shame to let a car go.

Its lovely to drive and looking forward to getting it fixed. :grin:

A few jobs to deal with then, Ladydriver. My Puma was £200 (without the vat and delivery) and a cat C but spent quite bit on mine. You are welcome to read my project anytime (http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=24631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but I haven't done much recently with it due to waiting for the VIC appointment, which there is a 10 working day backlog in VOSA, and cash is tied into its tax, VIC and spray job.

When I drove mine down the M53 for it's MOT, it was driving smooth and fast (coughs) with no issues and I knew then it was the best buy I bought for a while. I be keeping this car for a very long time and my 2 young nephews are fighting over it because they love the car.

Hewy,just looked at your link,the rear arches all seem to have a spongy carpet stuff in them,but to be honest they just hold the moisture which might explain why they go rusty.
Can I ask where you sourced the wing and bonnet from?

I keep an eye on ebay, any other places you can recommend?

Good to chat to someone with the same passion as me for cars.

I don't think there are many women drivers who are 'Petrolheads' like me!

The bonnet I got from a breakers I know in North Wales and the wing was from Ebay. Trying to find body panels 2nd hand and in good condition is a bit of a task but finding them is a good feeling. I'm going to take out those carpet arch things soon because, apart from them holding water, they are a pain when removing and refitting them back.

Personally I don't think the arch liners are really the problem and on balance its better to keep them than get rid of them.

The fronts have arch liners and they don't have the same problems.

I think water simply gets trapped in between the panel seams and and doesn't drain out, and that the seam sealer inside is inadequate.

Recently having had a little welding done to my floorpan I found that almost every spot that needed welding had a strenghining beam or moulding below it and that it rusted because water got trapped between two panels and couldn't get out.

Agree with Questy.
The arch liners do a decent job of protecting the inner arches from stone damage, they also help with soundproofing.
I don't believe they contribute at all to corrosion in the arches.
Paul

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :thumbs:

There ya go

Ladydriver said:
Can someone tell me please how to upload photos on here?

I personally think photobucket is the best option.
You need to register, then you upload your pics by simple drag and drop (it's fairly clear when you see it).
The pics will be in your library on photobucket.
When you want to put one on a forum post, open your 'library', choose the pic by moving your cursor to the top right corner of the image and select 'get links'. then click on the bottom option and it will say 'link copied' or something.
All you do then is paste it into your forum post.
Some people may have other methods but I find this works OK for me.
Paul

Latest posts

Back