Missing service history....traced!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wadders

So brought my Puma a couple of weeks ago with 53,000 miles, but no service history. Despite the usual rust, it looked well cared for. New exhaust, four new Bridgestones and other good signs such as fresh anti freeze etc.

Took a punt and brought it. Worrying about the age of the cambelt I decided to write to the previous two owners. Bingo! Both contacted me yesterday and were pleased that the car is alive and well. Second owner gave me a run down of all the repairs. Cambelt and clutch replaced, suspension rebuilt and new brakes...

So feeling chuffed and committed to keeping this little gem!

Read somewhere that Puma clutches can play up when they get to 50k. Does seem strange, second owner said it was starting to slip when got it.

gingerdave said:
Sound a nice car,but why would such a low mileage car need a new clutch.Do so many people abuse them?

Might be that it needed a slave cylinder and the friction surface was done at the same time. The hydraulic system could have deteriorated on age more than mileage.

Ian G said:
gingerdave said:
Sound a nice car,but why would such a low mileage car need a new clutch.Do so many people abuse them?

Might be that it needed a slave cylinder and the friction surface was done at the same time. The hydraulic system could have deteriorated on age more than mileage.
Good point,recently had to change clutch due to slave leak on my Ka.107,000 miles and friction plate was hardly worn!.

Not only that but it could have been used for more short journeys engaging the clutch more frequently?

Good news on tracing the history

Back