ha all i forgot to introduce my self

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just gna say hi to every one. I bought my other half an early 1.4 puma about a month ago, but after the drive home their was no way she was geting it so i bought her a rover metro muhaha. I usualy drive big cars and never realy gave pumas a second glance but now im hook. Ive all ready started upgrading a few bits on it and gave it a good service and an induction kit but plan on keeping the body standard as they look good as they are. Im a profesional detailer and ive gone to every lengh to make my puma look brand new inside and out. I live in liverpool and every other puma ive seen round here doesnt seem to be lookd after it a bit of a shame .ive allready spoke to some helpfull pepole on here thanx guys

Welcome to the club! I'm only down the A41/M53 from yourself. I've had a Rover Metro years ago but the rust issue on Rovers is really bad and you barely see a Metro or any other Rover for sale anymore. I prefer my Puma and it's fast for a 1.7. :eek:k:

im in speke hewy but i am from birkenhead. Its is a metro 1.4 gsi model its quicker than my puma but its still a rot box haha theys loads of rovers about for sale all with blown head gaskets coz their turd. Back in the day in ellesmere port everyone had a cav sri or gsi

Welcome :)

Can't help but think of this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67E42LQsU24[/youtube]

Hi and welcome,
You almost got it right, after deciding to keep the Puma for yourself can I suggest you should have gone one step further........ Give the i.4 to your other half then go out and get yourself a 1.7.
There is still time.
Regards
Richard.

I am looking for a 1.7 rich i had a freind chek the 1.4 out and it is going to need over a grand for the next mot so she can have it until its dead its still looks brand new and runs brand new though. Im holding out for a minter

Hi, There are a lot of good 1.7 Pumas out there, go for the best one you can afford, pay good money over the top you will not be disappointed. You can buy cheap and then spend loads of money to put it right. There was one advertised near to me an X reg only one owner 10.300 mils I missed it at £4500 I would have paid that for it. The Puma is a classic in waiting. As a car in its class it cannot can be beaten. To buy now and hang on to it will pay dividends in the future. Over the last 30 years the same things happen to the original Mini Coopers many of which I have restored and one I owned in particular is now worth 54K, which I sold to a Japanese collector in 1992 for £15000 by god I wished I still owned now. Not a good car to drive it is like being shaken about in a match box, but I am that much older and like refinement. The Puma combines the mystic of the Mini with the ultimate driving experience of a modern car. The best of both worlds. Go for it you will not be disappointed . Make the right decision.
Regards
Richard

Remember You get more smiles per gallon with a Puma.

Hi mate,

I'm only 1 week into puma ownership too and I'm local also - Live in Little Sutton... I managed to find what seems to be a bargain!! paid £500 for a Melina blue 1.7 thats got 12 months MOT and 6 months tax. Drives spot on!! Slight judder from what I think is the rear engine mount but I'll get round to that soon - oh and it needs lowering!! looks like a 4x4!!!

There was a squeak from the aux belt but I've replaced that already and now the engine sounds like new again. Only other issues are the usual rear arches are starting to go and its had a minor front bump and the gaps around the bonnet and lights are all to c0ck...

Deffo get a 1.7 for yourself if you can though - cracking motors if they've been looked after...

Gav

Hey Gav! Welcome to the group! If you see a green Puma with scratches down the drivers side its mine. I'm always up for a chat and to help out. That includes you Stu. :eek:k:

Thanx lads , i gave my mate a lift home from work in runcorn just then (im a pro valeter by the way) and i hit a round about at a normal speed but it was wet an my pumas rear end kickd out my mate cackd his grundys whils i took advantage of the little misshap and managed to drift nearly all the way round the roundabout haha wasnt expecting the little puma tohamdle like that .awsome

I did that in a Mondeo I owned a few years ago Stu. It happened by Chester Business Park and I nearly lost my boxers, the car and a lamp post. I always take my speed a bit lower when its wet when going round a roundabout. By the way, how much do you charge for valet? Don't worry about the spelling! There is a lot worse spellers online. :lol:

Latest posts

Back