H there. we have a green X reg Puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy777

Hi there.

We have an old X reg Puma 1.7

My daughter has had it 7 years and its been great but its starting to play up now with numerous little things.

1. screen wash reseraviour leaks.
2. Abs pump or sensor fault as lights on and off a lot.
3. Various rattles.

However its been a cracking little car and still a pleasure to drive.

Cheers all

Del

Welcome to ProjP :eek:k: any questiojns you have i'm sure at least someone on here will have the answer :)

Thanks guys.

No all little things really. It needed a fair bit for mot this year but again bits and pieces.

They've quoted (garage) £100 though for new screen wash tank which is a bit much.

Thanks mate.

Do you know if there any threads about it on here. I guess can get a workshop manual.

Cheers

Del

delboy777 said:
Thanks mate.

Do you know if there any threads about it on here. I guess can get a workshop manual.

Cheers

Del

Unfortunately no Haynes manual for the Puma.

There isn't a manual for the Puma but we do have a how to guide section although I don't remember if there's a how to for this job. Basically its
Loosen drivers road wheel nuts
Jack up car car and make safe on axle stand/s
Remove road wheel
Remove wheel arch carpet by unscrewing the torx bolts that hold it on (probably 5 or six in number)
Then there are two or three bolts holding the reservoir on and of course the water pipe and electrical connector to remove.
iirc correctly its a bit off a jiggle to get off possibly you have to detach the filler neck from it first.

As Quest says but detach filler neck first by pulling on it from in the engine bay. As I remember there is 1 10mm head self tapper that screws into the bulkhead/inner wing from within the wheelarch and 2 10mm nuts on the door jamb (accessed from the front of the door with the door open) that hold the washer bottle in place. There is also a polystyrene splash guard but I can't remember whether this is in front of or behind the washer bottle.
Barry

Back