Wing mirror query

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophetzarquon

Hi all

New owner of Millennium, 0265, only 45k, well looked after and good history but.......wing mirrors are yellow, not black as the published spec says.

Originals damaged and replaced with substitutes? Reason I ask is that one doesn't work very well and was looking to find replacement.

Grateful for any thoughts

just had a look at them. I can see inside the housing where there is a crack - yellow all the way through.......

Got me stumped, I've never seen yellow from the factory. So either they snook yours through, or its been painted well. But you've got a special one :)

I googled it and found 2 more pics of pumas with yellow mirrors, both W reg.

images

Even if Ford produced a batch with yellow wing mirrors, its probably unlikely you will find a second hand set in yellow.
Your best bet might be to just get another random mirror and have it painted yellow to match

The mirror housing is ok. If I get a used black mirror, can I extract the working bits and fit into the yellow housing?

Appreciate the advice by the way.

Get a pair of Panther Black mirrors and put it back to OEM :eek:k:

Given this more thought, there's a sticker on the inside of the unpainted portion with the paint name on. That would answer the question of whether its factory or aftermarket.

What do you need, just the motor?

Latest posts

Back