Hello - Irish user - Shopping for a Puma.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William

I'm looking for a Puma 1.7 and, because of the lack of roadworthy Pumas left in Ireland, I am considering buying from the UK. So I've registered here so I can shop around.

Any advice (I assume nobody on this forum will say "Don't do it!") would be much appreciated.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

Given the distance and inconvenience involved and the absolute shameful dishonesty of some people when selling cars I would consider buying any well known ones off here that might be for sale.

Weolcome to ProjP :eek:k:

It is unfortunate the amount of dying pumas there are in the world today.. but you can have a better peace of mind that if you find one on here you know it's (hopefully!) been well looked after.

Otherwise try the general car shopping sites like autotrader.co.uk etc

Good luck with the search! :thumbs:

You might even get a charitable person on here to check it out for you before you make the trip over if you ask nicely enough and there's someone close enough to go and kick the tyres.

Hi William,
Donegal reporting,
Very hard to find a 1.7 here for sure, loads of 1.6s and 1.4s though.
Welcome to the madhouse.

Thanks for the help so far.

I missed a nice green 1.7 for sale in Donegal on DoneDeal a few weeks ago.

That Racing Puma is probably still for sale in Limerick, but it's expensive and I don't really want to drive around in what is now a collector's item.

William said:

That Racing Puma is probably still for sale in Limerick, but it's expensive and I don't really want to drive around in what is now a collector's item.
As far as I know 2 originally made it to Ireland and 1 was in pretty bad condition 6/7 years ago

Check out this Millenium over the border in Derry?, cost a bit more with adding VRT though...

Thanks. Mileage, if genuine, is good on that Millennium. Can I drive a yellow car, I wonder!

mix2000 said:
William said:

As far as I know 2 originally made it to Ireland and 1 was in pretty bad condition 6/7 years ago

Check out this millennium over the border in Derry?, cost a bit more with adding VRT though...

William said:
Thanks. Mileage, if genuine, is good on that Millennium. Can I drive a yellow car, I wonder!
I've had 3 Yellow cars so I'm slightly biased :-D
And being in Ireland, every fecker knows you :grin:

integra-10460-picture15413-profileteg-94036-2.jpg

Thanks for all your help. I got one.
view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CA5Yop60x2Y1lQQWZ4T1VPSDA/view?usp=sharing
It's a 1.7.

The clock says 80,000.
I can't find any rust so far, nor can I see any signs of filling or spraying, but time will tell.
It drives well.
The alloys look pretty clean and unmarked.

Issues:
It needs wheel centre covers.
It needs a good clean.
The left indicator cancel doesn't work.
There's a square and above it a round hole in the carpet just below the door rubber in the passenger's footwell. I don't know how this happened. The old Focus had plastic trim protecting this section on both sides of the car, but I don't think the Puma has anything like that to protect the wiring that goes here?

Latest posts

Back