My first puma, budget daily driver/ fast road car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattprice28

So I have been really big into cars and mods for a few years now, started out with an s reg seat ibiza sxe, then went to a mk6 fiesta tdci, then a mk5 golf gt tdi, then i left my job to go back to university and managed to pick up a 1.7 puma to keep me on the road. So far really enjoying the way the puma drives, have put rear axle spacers (from the racing puma) on it which has made a noticeable improvement to high speed cornering. Looking for any hints and tips for cheap and cheerful mods, performance or cosmetic, especially interested in trying a double din stereo conversion (bought a really expensive unit that i had in both the fiesta and the golf and its just sitting in its box atm). I look forward to any responses, help and advice. :)

Also does anyone else's parcel shelf refuse to stay in place or is it just me and my lead foot?

Hi,

It's amazing that 14 year old cars have not had any mod to their parcel shelf.

I pushed a short length of fuel hose onto the pin that the parcel shelf string clipped to (or use loom bands) to stop the string unclipping.

I wrapped electrical tape around the parcel shelf pins themselves.

Have worked fine for over a year.

I countersunk and drove some black plasterboard screws just behind the shelf pins, looks reasonably standard if you do it neat enough. I rarely take mine out so its not an issue.

Back