Hello....... again

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

u2gav

Hey all,

I signed up here years ago when I bought my first Puma 1.7, but I sold it when my first child arrived. So 4 years on and 10 cars later its time for another.

Having spent the last few days pouring over the project threads for inspiration its time to kick the New Year off by treating myself to only car I ever regretted selling.

There's a couple for sale here in Ireland, all of the dirt cheap, I just have to pick the one with the least tin worm, wish me luck!

Well that took a little longer than expected, but I'm a man of my word. Just bought a reasonably clean Puma. Cleanest I could find. A lot of rot boxes out there. Pics to follow :)

That took a while but better to try and find one you're happy with!!

Have fun.

Well here it is in all its glory, a couple little jobs to do but nothing major thankfully.
irTCvd4.jpg

Hit it with the lowering stick, replace the HCV and I might plasti-dip the wheels.

Dwighet said:
Nice one...
Looks tidy. Werebouts in Ireland are ya...Im Thurles

Thanks Dwighet, I'm in Dublin. I must of looked at every Puma in Dublin, Meath and Kildare. This one has a tiny bit of rust over the arches but its not as bad as most.
If the weather good tomorrow I'll give it a quick service and big detail to get rid of the "human slime" every secondhand car comes free with.

u2gav said:
Dwighet said:
Nice one...
Looks tidy. Werebouts in Ireland are ya...Im Thurles

Thanks Dwighet, I'm in Dublin. I must of looked at every Puma in Dublin, Meath and Kildare. This one has a tiny bit of rust over the arches but its not as bad as most.
If the weather good tomorrow I'll give it a quick service and big detail to get rid of the "human slime" every secondhand car comes free with.
Looking out the window now its manky wet. you may get lucky for a dry spell during the day..
Im always on the look out on donedeal for another 1.7 as a donor.. would like another engine to rebuild over the summer.. nothing wrong with the one I have but would like some new high comp pistons and h beam rods and send the head off to get ported and polished..
Just fitted frp cams and remap.Piper frp replica exhaust system..Makes some difference.. very lively now..And noisy..lol

Back