Keep or move on, that is the question?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbassett

Hi All

I'm quite new here so bear with me!

Just trying to decide whether to move my Black Edition, 87000miles, on to someone with the time and skills to do a proper job of getting her up to spec. All in all she's not in too bad condition, usual rear arches just starting to bubble, body work that is ok but looks the age it is and a few fairly minor (I think) niggles starting to show.
MOT is due in a couple of months if I keep it. Someone has looked at it recently and told me there is possibly a front top mount that needs sorting, and maybe a wheel bearing but not sure.
Just had new battery and new disks and pads up front and a service. Engine is great its just that it's starting to look a bit tired, and so am I! I know I am unlikely to put in the time and effort but someone else could sort it and have a fantastic and low mileage special edition?

Would welcome you're thoughts and ideas and also what anyone thinks it's worth?

Cheers
MrB

In my opinion the Puma is one of the best cars for 'budget' ownership.
The points you have mentioned may not even be picked up on a MOT. But even so they're not massive jobs.
What finishes these cars off is serious rust in the rear sill area where the seatbelt mounts and rear beam fixings are situated.
The rear arch rust is a characteristic of a Puma (as with other fords of the same era) and will not contribute to a MOT fail unless seriously corroded with sharp exposed areas.
If you still like the car, my advice would be to put it in for a MOT and be prepared to pay a couple of hundred quid to get it through.
As they say...'better the devil you know'
Paul

Bear in mind that in the next couple of years Pumas will be getting rare and harder to get hold of if you regret getting rid.

How do I know? I used to have a Cinquecento Sporting that I got off eBay when there were loads to choose from (about 3 years ago) On eBay today? Just 1.

The graph on "how many left" is a similar shape between both cars (just a few years on)

Yes keep hold of it,My mate who is a car dealer (he has a puma himself and wont sell it) has been watching prices of puma's rise steadily he showed his black book of car prices and they have infact risen in price over the years,and fast becoming collectable so starting to go up in value. keep your Puma and you will have a car that is cheap to maintain and will become quite valuable in years to come. :grin:

Latest posts

Back